Comments on Profile Post by Applesaws

1. Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    well... that depends the country. Here $15 are like 4 hours of working at McDonald's...
    Nov 21, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  2. Warpmind
    Warpmind
    That depends a LOT on the country. Norway doesn't even have a specific minimum wage.
    We do have certain tariffs and standards in all the different industries, though, partly to prevent wage dumping and hiring cheap foreign labor, but we don't have an actual minimum wage.
    Nov 21, 2017
  3. Warpmind
    Warpmind
    (Addendum: average hourly wage for relevant graphical work seems to linger around 24 USD, possibly a little bit higher, in Norway. That includes freelancers...)
    Nov 21, 2017
  4. Joy Diamond
    Joy Diamond
    Yes, well, good art is expensive, it takes real effort to produce it & years to become talented enough to produce great art.
    Nov 21, 2017
  5. MushReen
    MushReen
    My artist asks $40 for a character drawing along with its 8 facial expressions. That's worth the efforts, I guess.
    Nov 21, 2017
  6. Joy Diamond
    Joy Diamond
    For a good artist $40 for a character drawing and 8 facial expressions ... seems like an extremely good price (depending on size of drawings)
    Nov 21, 2017
  7. Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    My friend artist asks $20 for a single full body character. But it takes 2 to 3 weeks for her since she's totes busy and sometimes canceled or refused... I kind of pity her... or maybe I just fall for her...
    Nov 21, 2017
  8. Applesaws
    Applesaws
    @MushReen 40$ is an extremely good price. They probably spend a few hours on it, probably around 4ish or more (depending on if it's full body, if it's cel or soft shaded, ect.). That's like 10$ an hour.
    Nov 22, 2017
  9. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I agree. A lot of people don't realize how long art takes. Here the minimum wage is around 11.25$/hour that's 8.85USD. Making a character & coloring it will take me several hours. Making a char walkin' Sprite can take me from 3 to 10 hours. :(
    Nov 22, 2017
  10. chungsie
    chungsie
    alot of times the people placing a comis make minimum wage, and so it is a balancing act of what one can afford and what one needs.
    Nov 23, 2017