RPG Maker Forums

Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Money is hard to get, but easy to spend. Experience, however, may be hard to gain, but we never lose it.
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
Well, that's deep. I'm just... tired with my life.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Hm... You're feeling a little trapped?
There is always alternative ways to make money when one doesn't work. I try to sell stuff I no longer need online. Don't lose hope, everything will work out in the end ^^
starlight dream
starlight dream
Do you have a shop in the forums here?
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
Thank you Guigui for your nice words. It sure encourages me. I hope things will work out well too, for me and you guys. And I haven't set up a shop yet. I should be creating more samples like sprites and such before I do that.
starlight dream
starlight dream
I know it's tough but try your best, one step at a time. And keep us posted on how things are going :)
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
Okay, I think I'll start posting status more frequently from now on as you said. Thank you for following and listening Starlight.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
@phamtruong1992 Thank you, and try to keep a positive thinking. Never give up, because no matter how dark the night, morning always comes. Also, you just need a couple of samples, don't be afraid of opening shop now ^^ You can always add more samples later!
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
Starlight, I think I really like Guigui. Wow, that's been the 2nd deep talk in this comment section. I AM ON FIRE NOW!

Edit: Ah, I wanna make it look relatively phenomenal as my debut, lol. Maybe I'm too of a perfectionist.
starlight dream
starlight dream
We all love Guigui she is so sweet! :)

Your shop doesn't need many samples in the beginning. You can keep changing the art or add more...
Also the clients will keep changing because new rpg maker users arrive every day. So even if you start small it won't affect you long term.. Your shop makes a debut to every visitor!

I understand the perfectionism. It's tough to control it.

What art do you prefer to make?
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
I actually don't have any specific art categories that I like most. I love all of them. From painting a scenery to designing user's UI, etc... And I will eventually cover all of them. But since the nature of Rpg maker community, people usually prefer, or are simply in a need of assets such as sprites, tilesets and character design so I've done mostly busts.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Ah thank you guys! ^^ I'm kinda like you, trying to cover every aspect needed for rpg maker. But it's thought and my advice is that you only do the ones you enjoy doing the most. And you can offer services as title screen/game over designer, or images for cutscenes! I suggest this because I know that a lot of people need both ^^
starlight dream
starlight dream
Fantastic! :) The more skills you have, the better. But I agree with Guiguimu to offer the ones you enjoy making more. There's always a need for busts and UIs.

And if you want to advertise your art, you can have a topic in the Art, Literature and Music section. You can post drawings, sketches, etc. so more members can see what you make.
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
starlight dream
starlight dream
After visiting your pixiv I saw your character portrait, and I remembered him from the forums here. Was it in the "WIP thread" maybe?
I looked at your other art topics too. You have a style that fits game-looks well. Like the cute Galv drawing. Nice rpg look.
In the art forum you can have one topic and post new art in it, once every few weeks, this will bump your thread too, which helps to be seen.:)
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
@starlight: Yes, I posted Rine, the guy you saw on this forum long ago, and most of what I post always is WIP, lol. I barely ever finish anything. That's why I haven't opened an art shop yet worrying whether I could acomplish requests. Therefore I just post random threads here and there for fun. Fortunately, I am thinking about ordering a cheap drawing pad, if thing works out well
phamtruong1992
phamtruong1992
I will then definitely open a shop and be more active.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

palatkorn wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?
I hope you give me a chance to fix something wrong.
palatkorn wrote on Kes's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah