Comments on Profile Post by Avery

1. callmedan
    callmedan
    No. It's another normal day in my country. At least, I don't have any classes until January so I can enjoy this month XD
    Dec 5, 2017
    TakeHomeTheCup and Guiguimu like this.
  2. Aoi Ninami
    Aoi Ninami
    Just a normal day here in England.
    Dec 5, 2017
    Guiguimu likes this.
  3. Avery
    Avery
    Here it is St Nicolas Day, where St Nicolas visits nice children and fills their shoes with sweets and small present :3
    Dec 5, 2017
  4. Nantas
    Nantas
    @Avery You are german, right ? I am german too and I have a little feast home, but as I am in France, I don't have any holiday.
    But yes, St Nicolas Day, a very nice man xD
    Dec 5, 2017
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Here it's St. Nicolas day too, in Czech it's Den svatého Mikuláše. St. Nicolas visits children along with devil and Angel and they either receive sweets or potato. I received nothing when I was a child :p
    Dec 5, 2017
    Guiguimu and The Stranger like this.
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Poryg LOL! Neither the devil nor angel knew what to do with you, so you got nothing. xD

I wonder why this Saint Nicholas Day isn't celebrated in England? Seems like it's not celebrated in the UK and Nordic countries.
    Dec 6, 2017
    Poryg and Guiguimu like this.
  7. Aoi Ninami
    Aoi Ninami
    Well, it's just merged with Christmas. Children expect to get their stockings filled on Christmas morning.
    Dec 6, 2017
    The Stranger and Guiguimu like this.
  8. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Just another day here, as St. Nicolas and Santa Claus are one and the same in the states, and he delivers either presents or coal to children on December 25th. (Gotta love religious integration) I hope you enjoy your holiday!
    Dec 6, 2017
    Llareian and Guiguimu like this.
  9. Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    Here it ain't a Holiday, so no celebration... But how do you celebrate it?
    Dec 6, 2017
  10. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I've already received many gifts from St. Nicholas. Gifts from work, from my grandparents and my parents. And I went to a concert yesterday (it was basically a big kids party for adults) and St. Nicholas' helpers were out in full force throwing us sweets. :3 (And I mean I do live in a city named after him, so we're all pretty big on it ;) )
    Dec 6, 2017
    Guiguimu likes this.
  11. Dirge
    Dirge
    I miss that from when I lived in Germany, it's not a thing here in my homeland of Canada T_T
    Dec 6, 2017
  12. WhiteW
    WhiteW
    St. Nicholas is Santa Claus... I find it hilarious that Christmas is a celebration to witness the birth of a kid whose mother most likely cheated on her husband and to follow the tradition of a turkish catholic bishop who was rich and gave gold to poor people in secret.

WHERE IS MY FREE GOLD???
    Dec 6, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.