I'm making Snickerdoodles right now!
I want... (literally translated) vanilla pretzels, cocos macrons, nut macros, angel eyes (butter cookies with marmelade filling), and two I even can't literally translate xD And those are just the "basics" Snickerdoodles sound great! Do you have a reciepe?
So many Christmas cookies I want to eat, want to send me some?
It uses Imperial measurements, so you may need to convert it.
1/2 lb of butter
1 + 1/2 cups of sugar
2 + 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBPS cinnamon
3 TBSP sugar
(these are for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (so...like 175 C?)
2. Cream the softened butter and sugar together, then add the eggs, vanilla, and mix again
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, so the flour, cream of tartar, and salt.
4. Add the dry to wet ingredients.
5. Chill the dough and the cookie sheets for 10-15 minutes.
6. Mix the cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
7. Make 1 inch balls of dough and roll the tops in the cinnamon sugar. Most recipes coat the whole ball but I find they burn and stick to the pan so easily like that!
8. Line the cookies up on your chilled cookie sheet. I usually use parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
Snickerdoodles are one of my all-time favorites! I also discovered these last year and am in love with them. I'm going to get some gluten-free flour to make them this year so I can eat them! https://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com/soft-baked-gingersnap-cookies/
Ooooh, soft gingersnaps. I'll have to try. My major complaint with gingersnaps is there's usually a little...too much snap.
Separate names with a comma.