RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
I enjoy it immensely, along with world building and writing the story. Learning basic JS code so I can create utilise the Lunatic plug-ins is something I'm not enjoying. >.<
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Nah, world building is fun. Mapping itself is fun without context. But when you just want to test the system like how the game balance goes, then mapping is like a drag. Granted, I usually make system first before the map
Dalph
Dalph
Mapping is the best part when you make a game (my opinion). Shaping your world and seeing it come to life is both fun and rewarding.
Kes
Kes
I enjoy mapping a lot. For me the boring phase is some aspects of database work.
KayZaman
KayZaman
50/50. Best if planned, but worst if spontaneous but cool.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@KayZaman I think you're right. I find it to be very important to design my maps before making them in the editor, GIMP\PS, or whatever. If I try to go all freestyle, then the maps have little focus, and I wind up spending more time on them than needed.
VideoWizard
VideoWizard
I much prefer mapping to database work. Mapping, then eventing, then monster/graphic creation, with database work dead last for me.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Alright, this concludes that no one agree with me :(
EpicFILE
EpicFILE
Count me in. It's boring because of my own incompetence. The result is often different from what I had in mind. (but I really really want to make good maps) On the other hand, music making is the most enjoyable thing
Dama_de_la_Luna
Dama_de_la_Luna
I love mapping, but I'm sure other people dislike it too. In the other hand, I find difficult and tedious to animate cutscenes.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I used to like making music, until I keep repeating stuff and I didn't go anywhere cz some of my music sounds same and it aint fun anymore.

As for cutscene, I like to make them. The problem usually I don't have idea of making a good cutscene idea lol
Kwerty
Kwerty
Naturally with art, it has frustrations. However, we live in a great time, information is easily available and helping hands are everywhere! I hope you find your spark with mapping, it will certainly play a large part in the success of your projects
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Yeah, it's inevitable. You can make a game with only map. But you can't play a game with only database. Shame, I like databasing more than mapping :/
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
On top of that, tileset merging is also a drag :T
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I kind of 70% enjoy mapping and 30% don't. I enjoy it when it helps me bring my world to life and create a suitable atmosphere. But I don't like it when it turns into a slog, when I have to map the less interesting locations for example or am too eager to work on the next part of the story which I cannot until the map is done.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Haha, I guess that's my position right now :')
GrandmaDeb
GrandmaDeb
I love mapping but I am meh at it. I'd rather spend a few bucks and get some great maps and move my story along. Having said that, I am also meh at finishing my game. So this is not advice. hah
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Mapping is my favorite part of the dev phase. It's the part where I get to decide how the world looks and what the players will be doing. I hate the Database work.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urunofficalvisualizer