RPG Maker Forums

Bastrophian
Bastrophian
:< ... actually, dont use that one, it doesn't sounds right. Use "Pit Hound" instead....
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
I also use words from other languages too... just...double check the culture and origin its from and make sure it doesn't imply anything that might be considered offensive to that culture.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Taking a word from other language sounds like an idea :D
TheMutantSpaceDancer
TheMutantSpaceDancer
Usually if I have an enemy based off of an inanimate object, (for example let's take a turnip here) I often sorta just, mutate the original name of the object (turnip, turnep, trunep, truneppit, BOOM! turnip monster = Truneppit!)
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
You can also do names based on the manner in which the enemy attacks or any affliction it might deal, e.g. Woodland Shocker, Desert Stinger, Subterranean Scorcher, Blight Bringer, and so on. For some enemies you can use specific words associated with them. E.g. spider types can be [something] weaver, snake types can be [something] fang.
SweetMeltyLove
SweetMeltyLove
You can do the next level thing, and come with a backstory or legends behind a name or the people that named that creature
ts50
ts50
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
EpicFILE
EpicFILE
I name the monster with whatever comes to mind when seeing the monster graphic. I call a skeleton monster "Dog Food"
starlight dream
starlight dream
I name monsters after people I don't like.
Or I name them something scary like Grabby Hands.

When I run out of people I dislike, I errr *it hasn't happened yet but I guess the answer would be* I name them after people I like.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Thomas Smith Just tried the generator ^^ Some fun results:
- Plagueling (@The Stranger I have a feeling you'd like this one :p)
- Rotscream
- Chaosbrute
- The Grumpy Creeper
- The Blind Warp Bison
- The Salsa Waltza Vampire (ok i made this one up :D)!
The Stranger
The Stranger
@starlight dream Ha-Ha! I do like Plagueling. :D I also think "Scary Grabby Hands" is kinda adorable, like something a cute child would come up with. :)
starlight dream
starlight dream
@The Stranger "Scary Grabby Hands" will be in the cottontail game :p
ts50
ts50
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I just come up with an idea, by naming the monster based on how my character call em lol
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
"The Salsa Waltza Vampire" - that's pretty cool. I like it. Makes me think of a vampire who has a huge love for dancing, and he uses it to seduce his victims before going for the jugular. :p

Btw, that fantasynamesgenerator is pretty good for all sorts of different names. Lots of categories in it.
ts50
ts50
Yes, I use it for actor names and town names as well.
Oh, I just got a good one - Stoneling!
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
@TheoAllen xD no, it would be something like Loento and macul. I use the names in portuguese mixed with, like Kabloozio said, the environment, their fur colors, things like that.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Matseb2611 I'll make a level where all the monsters are "dance-inspired".... just for you! XD Salsa Waltza vampire probably does fire spells while in "Salsa" mode and casts sleep during "Waltza"!

@Thomas Smith I use generators for ideas when I get stuck. It's a way to create monsters from scratch too.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
@starlight dream : Awesome! That level sounds fun already. It would probably end up having a tonne of Swinging Ghouls, Rapping Ghosts, and maybe even Tango Skeletons. :P

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urunofficalvisualizer