Comments on Profile Post by Sharm

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    I was really terrified when I realized what I'd done though. Those art files are over a year's worth of work!
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    I don't think I'll be getting a lot of sleep tonight. That's a lot of panic fueled adrenaline.
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    This has been your "BACK UP YOUR FILES!" reminder.
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise*, Poryg and starlight dream like this.
  4. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    GAAAH I freaked out there!! o_O Glad you didn't lose it! (I mean the art stuff... your cool is another thing)
    :kaophew:
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out. I may have lost a small amount, but nothing I can't remake.
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise*, Poryg and starlight dream like this.
  6. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    That's good. I wouldn't want your artsy stuff to be lost!
    But yes, backups are so important. :)
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise* and Poryg like this.
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    Shhhhh, shhhhh... It will be okay *hugs* :)
    However, this is the exact reason why there is recycle bin. When you delete something, you can restore it. Except for when there are either too many files at once or when you're deleting too huge of a folder.
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, except with this project I've been doing a lot of switching between computers, and so it's on a portable storage device. No recycle bin.
    Dec 18, 2017
    Marquise* and starlight dream like this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    Good thing I clean up portable storage only when I need space I guess.
    Dec 18, 2017
  10. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *cybermental pats in the back* Feels so much like working on the wrong layer in Photoshop when we are very specific on 60+ layers!

Wait cut and paste... if the art went in the project then it is re copyable back from where they got cut? (or you encrypt everything you work on without working back-up/copies?)
    Dec 23, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  11. Sharm
    Sharm
    I cut and pasted everything from the art project but only needed some of it for the game project, so I had deleted a bunch of files permanently before I realized what I'd done. Thankfully I had backups so I don't think I lost anything, and if I did it'll be small.
    Dec 23, 2017
  12. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *head is spinning* It happened to me often! ACK!!! Yeah, even if we have the back-ups, the hassle to retrace them back or their date of last copy just just kinda gives a lot of worries!
    Dec 25, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    Discovered something that I'd lost. An unflattened version of a sprite so that I could use the very lovely hair I made without the giant hat. Trying to split it up again but it's half gone.
    Jan 10, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  14. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    *cybermental hugs and pat on the back* Everyone reading this just go and save your work now!
    Jan 10, 2018