RPG Maker Forums

Matseb2611
Matseb2611
In games or in real life? It largely depends on the personality of your enemy. Logic cuts through to some people but not others. Some require an emotional input to be able to understand you. Thirds might need some time to cool off and process everything. And some won't understand anything and are best left alone.
Raijinn
Raijinn
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Oh ok. Depends if the game has the option for that. You can always input dialogue during battles and have player choose dialogue options, and perhaps the correct options could end the fight without bloodshed. I always enjoy things like that in games.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
In-game yes. You can honestly do just about anything with enough creativity. You could make a skill that calls a common event which pulls up a specific dialogue based on a variable set at the start of a battle for example... of course that'd only work if there was only one enemy. It just takes a lil creativity is all. For a better answer I'd suggest making a forum topic about it.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
I actually like that idea as well, especially the way @Matseb2611 described. Instead of just murder all the damn living creatures that appear in front of the player.
Raijinn
Raijinn
@The Mighty Palm Which section? Kind of traumatized by me incorrectly putting stuff in the wrong section

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaredLevi