RPG Maker Forums

BinaryResidue
BinaryResidue
That cutscene must be very intresting.... :)
EpicFILE
EpicFILE
Not only that. You need to make sure the character's movement doesn't mess up during the cutscenes. :3
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Ah, the dreaded "spellcheck" phase.

Give you a more efficient way to do it: Instead of trying to do a lot of it all at once, just don't move forward until the current piece of content is perfect. You don't make another cutscene until the one you just made is perfect. Goes more smoothly that way.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I would not say it would be interesting. Just a small cutscene that I always find myself never interested on how the character react lol.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
@EpicFILE Actually, move timing was never been my issue. It just the dialogue choice is the issue. Cz it might be affecting the character actual personality lol
RetroBoy
RetroBoy
Before you write a word of dialog, write event bullet points. Then decide which topics occur in a single scene, and write it backwards, from the end to the beginning. It will take you about two or three days of practice, but it is an invaluable skill and it will allow you to keep plot concise, while vibrant. It might seem strange to start at the ending, but trust me on this. Good Luck and Goodbye!
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
If you're looking to write dialogue, I find it easiest to just write it as if it were an actual conversation. This person thinks like this and cares about these things. This other person thinks like this and cares about these other things. You can easily model them after conversations you might have with your friends. I find it much easier that way.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
@RetroBoy Good advice, I usually just yolo write without actual context first and just thinking on the fly, but had an idea in mind I want this and that after the conversation. Connecting the dots aint easy lol. After barely connecting the dots, now supervising it, which basically tried to fix the miss and things
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
@Tai_MT That works if you're roleplaying as a character with your friends in rp forum when you have no control over the plot. But I have a goal of reaching something after the conversation, so connecting it while keeping the character personality is a bit overwhelming for me lol
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I find it works basically the same. Just roleplay as both characters. If at any point you have to "force plot" via dialogue, then you need to rework some things. That kind of thing needs to "flow naturally". Characters get upset at something, they have a goal, they express desires, they act on those desires.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Ya know, the "flow naturally" that keeps me revising lol
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I could see where that might cause problems. I just don't think about it so much since I write so often. Just takes some practice, a little bit of getting used to it.

A good tactic to employ is to read the dialogue out loud, in the tones of voice you imagine them to be in. That'll let you know immediately whether or not something would "flow well" or not.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
That a strange tactic you got there, but I could see that it might works
Reactions: Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I use it when I write stories. If I read something I wrote and go, "oh lord, that sounds cringey" I rewrite it. ^_^ It works for me. Maybe it'll work for you. But, everyone does writing differently, so maybe you'll even find your own solution.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernGamer