Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    Javascript looks much cleaner compared to Java :D Also, I spent three hours just installing stuff before I could even begin programming properly :D
    Dec 30, 2017
  2. Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Good luck~
    I feel like grabbing a cup of coffee.

P.s. depending on your context Kotlin might be more interesting.
    Dec 30, 2017
    Poryg likes this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    My purpose is to learn java so that I could 1. be better in object oriented programming and 2. have a security solution for my game. Apart from Enigma virtual box, which has performance issues, there is no real way to protect your files due to unencrypted javascripts. So since JDK 7+ supports ECMAScript 5, I'm thinking about converting my game to Java format upon release.
    Dec 30, 2017
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    If my thinking is right, I'll gain the advantage of multithreading, although I am not sure yet how to use it, improved performance due to coming from an interpreted to compiled language and the ability to use some programs, including an exe compiler that should give me protection with more performance than Enigma.
    Dec 30, 2017
    Vincent Chu and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  5. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    If YOU were going to make a programming language, what would you call it? I'd like to think of something witty and tasty..
    Dec 30, 2017
    starlight dream and Poryg like this.
  6. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    Like say maybe.. @Doughnut . And when it upgrades to meet further development needs.. maybe Doughn@tC0r3? And the language is very circular.. data pointers alway seem to point towards um.. a data filled j3ll13 center??
    Dec 30, 2017
    starlight dream and Poryg like this.
  7. BinaryResidue
    BinaryResidue
    Wow you know you Mojo... multithreading does increase performance..Your game must mean lot to you when you go that far for custom security purpose!!!!
    Dec 30, 2017
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Sauteed_Onion I'm not into food that much, I like girls more :p So I guess I won't be saying where would my language's functions and data pointers point :D
    Dec 30, 2017
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    @BinaryResidue Unless you use internet connection to download the decrypting scripts (or choose online html5 format) it is very easy to crack the game encryption, because index.html can't be encrypted to say the least and the decryption step can't be encrypted either, otherwise the interpreter wouldn't understand it.
    Dec 30, 2017
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    Alright, Poryg is very scared :# Everything I hated in C# is present in Java too! Manual memory allocations, manual handling of stuff, fixed array sizes and therefore memory leaks,... And the syntaxes of these two are so similar it is scary! :kaocry:
    Dec 31, 2017
  11. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Gives Poryg the *Ultimate Java Armor* Tadadadadaaaaaaa!
    You're now immune to java scare jumps!!
    Dec 31, 2017
    Poryg likes this.
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    Java jump scares don't scare me. It's the syntax that does. I hear everywhere how you can type almost anything, because the syntax is very liberal, but then if that is so, why do I have so many errors in my codes :D
    Dec 31, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    Also, Java and JavaScript are indeed two different things. Java is closer to C# than to Javascript.
    Dec 31, 2017
    starlight dream likes this.
  14. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    LOL They say Java is liberal to attract people. Like an Ogre made of chocolate, luring edible children in his den.

Do you also need an armor for Javascript? I'm afraid I'm all out. :(

I admire you for having the resolve to learn it. This stuff has been scaring me for years.
    Jan 1, 2018
    Poryg and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  15. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Sauteed_Onion I'd call my programming language something like "Relax" to decrease the stress of people learning it :p
    Jan 1, 2018
  16. Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't need an antijavascript armor. I hated it at first, because it was too liberal in terms of syntax, but now I love it.
    Well, still much better Java than Cobol :D
    Jan 1, 2018
  17. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Javascript grew on you. May you and both live happily ever after and give birth to interesting codes together. :D

It's hard to like some things at first, but once you get more familiar with Java I'm sure your opinion will improve. These are good skills to have in this tech-era.
    Jan 1, 2018
  18. Zeriab
    Zeriab
    C# is pretty much an improved version of Java. If there's stuff in C# you don't like expect it to be present in Java as well. Also expect more issues to be present. (Also, manual memory management isn't really a thing unless you go native)

Ruby feels much more similar to JavaScript than Java does.
    Jan 1, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion and Poryg like this.
  19. Poryg
    Poryg
    In that case I might handle both Java and C#.
    Jan 1, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.