Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Honestly I prefer the lower-level languages where you have more power and control.
    Jan 2, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    My favorite is javascript :)
    Jan 2, 2018
  3. OnlyMe_
    OnlyMe_
    Hahaha, I know right?

When coding:
    JavaScript: "Tell me what to do master."
    Java: "STFU You are my b*tch."
    C#: "You have no power here."
    Jan 2, 2018
    starlight dream and Poryg like this.
  4. Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Don't worry. JavaScript has its fair share of insanity too ^^
    Jan 2, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm thinking about buying a course on Udemy. There are giant sales now. But I'm so run out of cash that I'm not sure :(
    Jan 2, 2018
  6. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    If you're wanting to learn C# you should download Unity. They have a bunch of sample projects and youtube has almost endless Unity tutorials. Unity also has great documentation for C#.

C# is probably the best language to learn if you're a beginner because it has the most documentation.
    Jan 2, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    I think I can handle both c and Java, since the structure is similar. I'll definitely check out unity, but I feel that without basics of c# unity won't really help me :]
    Jan 2, 2018
  8. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Jan 2, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm studying the basics on sololearn, then I'll see. And yes, strings etc. are a matter of syntax, but the structure is something I'm going to need to get used to :D
    Jan 2, 2018
  10. Shaz
    Shaz
    I think I will have to learn Java for work. Everyone is being retrained in an IT Transformation project, in small groups. I suspect I will be in one of the last groups - turning the lights off after everyone else has gone kind of thing.
    Jan 2, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  11. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Personally I dislike Java because it forces you into their way of thinking about things, and I don't like their way of thinking. C#, C, and Java are all similar enough to be comparable in difficulty, though design-wise, C is rather different. I think out of the 3, C# would be the best bet to go with.
    Jan 2, 2018
    Poryg likes this.