Comments on Profile Post by Jeremy

1. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Good for you, must be a cool job if you can pull that off. I just got back from a week out of town, need to get myself a laptop so I can work on my game when I'm off the clock out of town, but instead I just browse these forums on my useless phone with the motel's wifi.
    Jan 6, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion and Jeremy like this.
  2. Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Good thing about being a Security Guard, at least when nothing happens. And you should! You get more done, I think anyway, like that.
    Jan 6, 2018
  3. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Hey, I did that for a minute, but for a warehouse and they demanded three full circuits per hour. Found it to be about the dullest thing I ever did, and ended up becoming an electrician's apprentice.
    Jan 6, 2018
  4. Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Thats awesome. 3 Rounds an Hour is a little excessive, You must have been on Fire Watch. I work at a University 4-5 days a week, but 3 of those are as a Supervisor so I don't have to do any actual rounds. Just check on people once every 3 hours.
    Jan 6, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  5. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Hehe I bet supervising makes a difference, though I'd probably be as lousy at that. Good some people can do that job, if I'm not physically working on something I end up distracted stargazing or counting cars or some such, definitely not the best traits for a guard.
    Jan 6, 2018
  6. Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Haha, I understand that. It's easier over here at my post because we just watch the entrance and check the ID's of people who enter. So we're encouraged to bring something like a laptop, books, etc to keep us awake for the 12 hours. So I work on my game when they sit me at a post or if I'm supervising. If I'm actually checking floors and giving breaks I leave it at home cause I don't have time.
    Jan 6, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.