Comments on Profile Post by djDarkX

1. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    If you really want to know why, just ask. Just sucks that it must be done.
    Jan 7, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  2. futrchamp
    futrchamp
    Curious as a fellow composer, what's the situation?
    Jan 7, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  3. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Well, seeing as the remaster of this piece on the store is a mess, I wanted to know exactly why. Seems it has instruments, namely the strings, which go out of the playable areas of natural instruments. No problem for MIDI, but quite the issue for realistic instruments.
    Jan 7, 2018
    futrchamp and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  4. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    So, for my version of the remaster of this mystery track, I'm cutting out unrealistic parts of it because a true orchestra would not be able to play them and I won't compromise my level of quality for 100% conversion.
    Jan 7, 2018
  5. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    At least it'll be done in a manner that most people probably won't notice or care about so that it's a good compromise.
    Jan 7, 2018
  6. futrchamp
    futrchamp
    Yeah, that can be tough when arranging stuff intended for MIDI (had something similar when arranging the Chrono Trigger main theme for orchestra, towards the end the violins play 6-7 ledger lines above the staff)...maybe rather than cut the part entirely just rearrange the voicings to fit better in the range of your libraries? Assuming that the unrealistic part is fairly important to the arrangement, at least.
    Jan 7, 2018
  7. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Luckily they aren't. It'll be fine without them. Using the EW Hollywood series and I don't want to push the voices to notes further than intended, especially if they are only a few of them.
    Jan 7, 2018
    futrchamp likes this.