RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
"These sprites are made for walking
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these sprites are gonna walk all over you" :p
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
LOL, I wish that were the case, but for now all I can do is their idle poses 'cause I'm too stupid to figure out how to make their walking believable.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Awwh. You're not too stupid to figure it out. You'll get it eventually. I can't make sprites at all. Well, I could probably make MS Paint stickmen if I had to. XD
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I guess now I'm back to my sprites everyone hates. :/
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
LOL. At least that'd look better than the wreck I have now.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I don't think I've ever seen any of your work before. :(
Llareian
Llareian
With the default 3-frame walking animation, it will never look believable, so no worries! Final Boss Blues has a decent walk cycle tutorial: http://finalbossblues.com/walk-cycles-p1/

Hang in there! Even a custom sprite with a "bad" walk cycle is still impressive.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
@The Stranger I would post them here, but I can't get onto Google Drive right now.
@Llareian well, the main issue I'm having is with front view, 'cause I don't know how to draw the legs properly.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I'm sort of tempted to just make a resource request to edit the sprites so that they have walking frames. Otherwise, I'll never be able to finish my game.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lanzy