Jan 10, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Not for my machine, too demanding.
    Jan 10, 2018
  3. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Code::Blocks IDE is a good IDE for coding and it's a lot more lightweight than VS and Unity, but it looks like it stayed back in the Windows 98 era. :guffaw:
    Jan 10, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    It doesn't look like it supports C#. I see it supports C and C++, but unfortunately this isn't chess where ++ means the same as # :D
    Jan 10, 2018
  5. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    try VSCode. It's much lighter than the full IDE.
    Jan 10, 2018
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't have problems as much with lags in VS to be honest, just that program itself is getting on my nerves. The customizability is near zero and unless you have a high res monitor, you won't see what you want to see. And in my studying I was missing about half of the available tools only to find I needed to manually open the toolbox.
    Jan 10, 2018
  7. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Ah alright. Figured it was a lag concern because Visual Studio is a massive program. If you get everything I think the total download size is around 30 gigs. Unity is only 5 gigs and Unreal 10 by comparison.
    Jan 10, 2018
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    I only got the necessary files, still 13 gigs in the end :D I guess I could try Unity, but I'm not really sure about my pc being able to handle it, since it has already crashed on me a couple of times. Not to mention, it is really hard for a beginner to orientate there :D
    Jan 10, 2018
  9. Faherya
    Faherya
    I know how you feel. My notebook suffers to open VS, creating anything with Windows Forms is unthinkable. :(
    Jan 10, 2018