Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Sanct
    Sanct
    I played that one at some point, it was honestly kinda frustrating to get killed every time near the end of the game but I was like 12 or something anyway so I practically didn't have conscious thought /shrug.
    Jan 14, 2018
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    But, Poryg, didn't you know that your choices shape the narrative of every TellTale game? Are you telling me that they're lying at the start of their games? :p
    Jan 14, 2018
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Sanct Yeah, it was not the easiest to survive. Took me three tries to reach successful coronation. But now I'm unlocking achievements... And seeing that one stupid no can blow a hole in the world... :D
    @The Stranger The story is tailored depending on which choices you make, not shaped.
    Jan 14, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Similar meaning. Tailored, shaped, altered, etc - they can all be used when describing this sort of alteration.
    Jan 14, 2018
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    @The Stranger Not quite.
    Tailor is equivalent to narrate, read or present by whatever means. In other words depending on which choices you make, the story is either tailored this way or there are some minor alterations, but the story is the same in the end.
    Jan 14, 2018
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    If you have a story that has two possible endings in the end, it's not tailoring one story with minor alterations, but of two different ones.
    So you could say that TellTale doesn't lie when it says the story is tailored depending on how you play, since there is really only one story with some minor changes depending on your choices.
    Jan 14, 2018
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Tailor means to fashion (make or adapt). The word has nothing at all to do with the type of story they're telling, and could be replaced with other words. Not sure why the definition of "tailor" has become the subject, though. I think it's a lil' pedantic. Best move on from this, because it's getting silly.
    Jan 14, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    I should have formulated it a bit differently :S
    But nevermind. :D
    Jan 14, 2018
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    My point is still standing though, Telltale could learn from that game how to create multiple stories in one instead of one story with minor alterations :)
    Jan 14, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.
  10. Seacliff
    Seacliff
    I think the problem isn't just about having the choices matter. (Though that is the majority of the problem) But having good writing to care about the consequences of the choices to begin with, something I think Telltale has been lacking for a couple years now.
    Jan 14, 2018
    Poryg and The Stranger like this.