Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Warpmind
    Warpmind
    Well, there's always a pigeon. However cleverly you play, the damned bird will just kick over the pieces and strut around like it won the game anyway. :p
    Jan 16, 2018
    Poryg and The Stranger like this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Since every arbiter would initiate a disqualification, I think there's no point in discussing pigeons :p
    Jan 16, 2018
    Warpmind likes this.
  3. Warpmind
    Warpmind
    Oh, you were talking *tournament* context? Like Alexandra Kosteniuk and Hou Yifan? :D
    Jan 16, 2018
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    Alexandra Kostelniuk and Hou Yifan aren't tournament level, but professional level. I'm only a club level player though, although I do participate in Prague's competitions :) Still, fighting a cute girl... There's no bigger evil than that. That's what nearly every guy will tell you.
    Jan 16, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  5. Warpmind
    Warpmind
    I said tournament context, not level. The world championships are still tournaments.
    Jan 16, 2018
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    Ah, sorry for misreading :D But yeah, tournament context :)
    Jan 16, 2018
  7. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Seems to be the case in anything really. Going against a cute girl, you always end up dropping your guard and being overly polite and apologetic and "let her win" subconsciously. :p
    Jan 16, 2018
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    No, that's not really true. I am not going to be overly polite and apologetic. However, battling a cute girl in chess drops my performance by good 3 levels. 4 years ago I was in a tournament... And I was GLAD to score a draw against a 9yo girl, because she was just that cute :(
    Jan 16, 2018
  9. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    The way you'll act in front of a cute girl will be different to the way you'll act in front of say a guy or an older woman for example. These things happen subconsciously, and of course a lot of your mental energy will go towards not making a fool out of yourself, hence why the performance drop.
    Jan 16, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm never worried about not looking like an imbecile. I'm used to acting regardless of consequences. So my mental energy often goes towards hugging. I'm a heavy cuddler and if I see a cute girl, I often have urges to hug her or bite her hand/ear :D (for too young girls only hugging though, since I'm not sexually attracted to them)
    Jan 16, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  11. Warpmind
    Warpmind
    ...And this is where the ability to send telepathic imagery would have been useful. If you're going to be distracted by such impulses, it's only fair that she should be, too. ;)
    Jan 16, 2018
    Matseb2611 and Poryg like this.
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    That would be an overkill though, because you know, you could torture a girl you hate with evil imaginations... And imagine if everyone could do it. A hell on Earth!
    Jan 16, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  13. Warpmind
    Warpmind
    If everyone could do it, I'm actually inclined to suspect there'd be a sort of awakened hivemind kind of thing going on - everyone would at least peripherally sense what you'd be doing to others, so justice would be swift and merciless...
    Jan 16, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.