RPG Maker Forums

HexMozart88
HexMozart88
If it's possible, that'd be pretty blessed, but at the same time, it may cause some issues 'cause you'd need to have the two engines open constantly.
Afterl1ght
Afterl1ght
It'd be a cross-engine RPG game. But, only one game using one engine can be run, as that's what I've been planning for - letting a hidden antagonist changes how the game functions by switching its core operator.
Kes
Kes
You might like to start a discussion thread about this. My instinct is no, it's not possible as XP, VX and VXAce all use different versions of Ruby and MV uses Javascript, so nothing would be compatible and you can't get events done in one engine to run in another.
Afterl1ght
Afterl1ght
@HexMozart88 If you have the same thinking as @Kes, I have to say this. It's not that I'm going to use different RPG Maker engines, I mean using engines that are not a part of RPG Maker, and demand them to run a game that uses RPG Maker and vice versa. I was wondering if that is possible (the 'vice versa' part actually)
Windows i7
Windows i7
It is very possible... but the amount of work required to do it is an entirely different issue.
Kes
Kes
it is absolutely against the EULA to use anything from an RM engine in a non-RM engine. As for vice-versa, I would be very surprised because of the script language issue, events etc.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Inspired by @fluffymonster 's Cute Ghost
His name is POKO!
I made a giant tree + treehouse for the next country woods pack \o\
Calculated my tax refund - CHEERS
Looked at my student debt - cries
Still, might be just enough left over to pay for my new computer, which would be awesome!
And my student debt will be fully paid, which is also pretty nice.
They say nice guys finish last. But mean guys don't finish at all!
I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeziaG96