RPG Maker Forums

EpicFILE
EpicFILE
I'm more or less on the same boat.
While portraits are fun, spriting is a whole different story. xD
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
I'm tempted to hire people for my spriting. I like to draw stuff, but meow.. I hear so many people saying it's tough to sprite well. And I can kind of feel it too.
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
Luckily a lot of good resources are floating around and match what I'm looking for.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I used to despise it completely, but not it's not so bad. it's just one character that has a really complicated outfit that's probably going to take days to do, LOL.
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
There are sprites for FFVI that are like amazing.
I like Edgar of Figaro the most I think. And his like tools skill sprites are amazing too. The auto crossbow and chain saw stuff looks amazing.
Amysaurus
Amysaurus
Ahhh, I'm the opposite haha. I'll often start with the sprites, and then find my designs are too simple when I try turning them into portraits.
EpicFILE
EpicFILE
FFVI and Chrono Trigger have really good sprites.
Even today the sprites look amazing.
My favorite sprite for FFVI is Shadow.
Luca and Robo for Chrono Trigger.
EpicFILE
EpicFILE
@Amysaurus
You're really good at both, honestly.
I've seen your older works before you're into spriting and all of those are great. :D
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
Setzer had a good sprite if I remember right. I liked Chrono Trigger sprites for Chrono and Robo too. I liked the polygons for the characters in Chrono Cross.. They put some real effort to making the movement semi real.
EpicFILE
EpicFILE
@Sauteed_Onion
Haven't played Chrono Cross, only ever watched my brother played it.
But the opening sequence is one of the best video game opening I've ever seen. :D
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
Man, I think I bought that game on PSN when I got a ps3 just to listen to the music and replay some of my favorite parts again. That and Symphony of the Night were two of my favorite PS1 games. I loved Final Fantasy Tactics also, but I just beat those games so much. I'm like sick of them permanently now.
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
They just don't make games that they are afraid to take risks on like that anymore.. You could literally put over 100 hours in on a tactics file and think nothing of it.. level your guys up, explore what jobs to level up for the obscure jobs.
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
Now it seems like they want people to have an easy time beating like a 15-20 hour game, for a $60 price point.. etc. It's pathetic really. When the PS2 left the modern market space, they butchered games imo.
EpicFILE
EpicFILE
Ya, somehow today's popular games lose its magic.
PS1 era games are magical. Tekken 3, Tobal No.2, Breath of Fire 4, etc.
Imo the magic comes from the distinct artistic designs.
Even though old games are not as graphically advanced,
they always try to have distinctive flair.
Now all popular games are more or less kinda the same.
Sauteed_Onion
Sauteed_Onion
I don't understand the FPS thing. Pew pew. No thanks.
Give me some cooking simulator plz.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daiomed