RPG Maker Forums

Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I think the general message here is a good one. It's better to get rid of the cause of pain than to keep healing while it continues to slowly kill you. Cancer is a much more complex problem to just be shaken off. But stuff like getting angry or annoyed by an internet argument for example is easy - just stop getting involved in them.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Who said I was angry? I clearly disagree with his assertion but I'm not particularly upset about it. I agree with the general message as well, but as someone who has seen healthy individuals reduced to groveling messes and chain-smoking, alcoholic tubs of lard live ambulatory lives unto their 90's I do find the idea that every ailment is the direct result of lifestyle choices to be a short-sighted one.
SOC
SOC
Did he see a functional medicine practitioner? Did he address his emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic needs? Did he have any kind of un-managed trauma? How was his oral health? Did he ever address heavy metals or get exposed to any radiation? Was he rigid in his beliefs? Was he holding any anger or emotions? All rocks in your shoe.
starlight dream
starlight dream
Things like genes (heredity & cultural background) cannot be controlled though. Living a more natural/healthier lifestyle helps but again, what is healthy for one body may be unhealthy for the next. So the odds of having enough self-knowledge AND the capability of removing all those rocks are slim.
Plus the social aspect is hard to control (media, social pressure, responsibilities)
starlight dream
starlight dream
"Spiritual health" IMO requires a surrender and unity to something greater than the self. This surrender is not a protection from ailment but an acceptance of it.

I'm not going to vouch for modern medicine though. It lacks a great deal of common sense. It can suppress pain pretty well, but that's about it.

But I think that's life: trying to remove as many rocks as we can from our shoe, as we go along. :)
SOC
SOC
Genes only play a small role in your overall health, because all it does is set you up to predispositions that you can absolutely control and manage. It's not a death sentence, it's just telling you what to look out for and what health paths to take. Even if you had all 24 "obesity" genes, the very most it can add to you is 20 pounds, and that can easily be mitigated with proper lifestyles.
SOC
SOC
As for spiritual health, everyone's journey is different, but it is absolutely necessary for optimal health. Humans are 100% designed for spirituality no matter what you believe in so you must find something that clicks with you.
SOC
SOC
It is true that what is healthy for one person might not be for another, but there are a lot of general practices that ARE good for everyone no matter what, such as meditation and gratitude. Cutting out processed food. Getting off medications. Cutting out sugar. Epigenetics. Not being sedentary. Having good IRL social connections. No matter who you are, you have to do these things.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
@Philosophus Vagus : Oh, I wasn't saying you were angry. Sorry if that came off that way. The getting angry at internet arguments was just an example I could think of in the moment. :)

@starlight dream : Yes. There is some RNG in life basically, but we can do some things to mitigate that RNG a bit so that the chances are not completely stacked against us.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
For example, you can get lung cancer even if you don't smoke, but if you do smoke, you're increasing the risk tremendously.
SOC
SOC
There is infinite amounts of information available to us now with the internet that can help set us on the right paths to healing, true health and overcoming any ailment we have. I like to do things like this where I plant seeds in people's minds to help them realize they don't have to accept and surrender to what a guy in a white lab coat says.
SOC
SOC
So that, one day, when a person is faced with chronic disease and told to take this pill plus more forever and there's nothing you can do about it, perhaps these seeds I've planted will take root and they can use them to improve their lives instead of just giving up suffering for however long they live. That's usually what it takes before people realize the status quo is really stupid and wrong.
SOC
SOC
Cancer is never caused by one thing. It's a combination of things that have happened over a long period and never got addressed, its biology saying whatever we're doing isn't working and we must stop it or die. All cancers can be fully reversed no matter how late it is, I've seen hundreds of people on their death beds with late stage 4 cancer fully heal and are healthier today than they were as a kid.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I agree in that sense. I cannot stand defeatist approach to life. It's better to do SOMETHING to try and change the situation you are in rather than to just sit and say "Nope, I am done. Nothing will ever work."
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Regarding cancer, it is indeed a complex combination of different factors. And yes, the early stages can be reversed. But the longer you wait, the harder it is to reverse it. Maybe some people did manage to reverse late stages, but by then, a lot of the damage has been done and more succumb than survive. It is always better to spot the problem early on. Also, every cancer is different too.
SOC
SOC
Exactly! MDs have so few tools in their toolbox that they tell you there's nothing that can be done and to go suffer until you die because they're too afraid to admit they're too wrong and ignorant to help you. They're not taught the tools necessary for optimal performance. Our diseases aren't a deficiency of medication, so put out the fire instead of blowing away the smoke!
SOC
SOC
I dunno man, it's almost never cancer that kills or damages people, it's the chemo and radiation people do that does it. I'm not saying never do those things, but only do them as a last resort when you've already addressed everything else I mentioned first. The body can heal cancer's damage incredibly well and fast if you give it what it needs, no matter your age or genes.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Yeah, there's still quite a lot we don't understand about cancer. It's essentially the body turning on itself. And every type of cancer is a different disease in itself with its own unique causes and pathways.
SOC
SOC
But one thing is clear: cancer rates are higher than ever before. 1 in 3 men will get cancer in their lifetime, 1 in 2 women. Never in the history of human existence has that ever happened. "But we're living longer and can diagnose better!" No, today's kids will die before their parents. We're doing something wrong and stupid and must stop it.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I think living longer definitely does play into this, because it takes time to accumulate all the mutations in a cell for it to become cancerous. The risk of having cancer goes up exponentially after 40 (which most people before didn't live until). But yes, the lifestyle is definitely a huge factor as well, as well as things we're simply exposed to based on where we live or work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, after your game being intensively played by many people, after 5 years, patch after patch released, suddenly an innocent person reported another bug.
"Never let a sense of morals/
Prevent me from doing what is right"
- Clutch
OMFG. I had typed \fiPhilosophia Hermetica\fi in a forum post and didn't notice it for AN HOUR.

(Anyone else ever catch themselves doing this?)
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Feel free to drop by and listen to whatever weird stories we're telling~
fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsuruharaYuki