RPG Maker Forums

Harrumi
Harrumi
3 or 4 at a time, but I like the idea of being able to swap.
TheMutantSpaceDancer
TheMutantSpaceDancer
3 of 'em. With a 4th one being optional.
SunStunBros
SunStunBros
I'm thinking something along the lines of Lufia: The Legend Returns. Had like nine playable characters, and all of them had great stories. But maybe that's too much for my first game.
OTL
JtheDuelist
JtheDuelist
At any one time, 1-4. On average that could be used throughout the story, 9-12.
The Stranger
The Stranger
One playable character, and sometimes an uncontrollable ally.
Lehla
Lehla
The most I've felt comfortable with was 3, but that's because in real life I'm not a huge party person. I think 3 is good if you want diversity but don't want to overload yourself with making so many different character trait and abilities.
bgillisp
bgillisp
4 on the team at a time, but you can swap them in battle. Total you will ever have, 11.
KayZaman
KayZaman
My games, start with one, then 2 coz’ they’re siblings or buddies like Double Dragon. 3 just in case. 4 kinda badass. Y’know? This would become ‘General Discussion’.
Llareian
Llareian
I'm planning on a 4 person battle party, 9 total characters. I'm also considering an in-battle party swap, but I haven't decided.
trouble time
trouble time
4, usually adding more just leaves you with a lot of characters standing around without anything to do in cutscenes.
IAmJakeSauvage
IAmJakeSauvage
It should never be "how many characters can I add". It should always feel organic - and have purpose to the story. Chrono Trigger had a few party members but really touched on story/motives for all of them.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@IAmJakeSauvage That's the best way to approach this in story-driven games, in my opinion. Only have as many party members as is needed, or which you can at least make interesting.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files
"The bigger the person, the longer the wait"
Tomorrow is my birthday!
I got the pause Icon to use 6 frames instead of 4, PLUS it goes: top 1-2-3, bottom 1-2-3. And everything just by playing around with the code & i think i've figured the important parts out now <3
eUuH09A.gif

ps. the animation isn't as "wonky" in RL, stupid recording -.-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scythianwizard