Comments on Profile Post by The Mighty Palm

1. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Meh, Monster Hunter games all look the same: A shallow, narcissistic story about trophy hunters with no regard for other life going out and murdering creatures for fun and pleasure. It's the kind of stuff I play video games to get away from, really.
    Jan 30, 2018
  2. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    @Benny Jackdaw Monster Hunter World's story is about a research team studying the eco-system of a new world. Yes they hunt the monsters, but it's not for sport. Heck you don't even have to kill a majority of them as capturing them with tranquilizers so they can be studied on-site or released back into the wild is good enough for a large number of the quests. But also it's a video game. 1s and 0s. they aren't real.
    Jan 30, 2018
    Philosophus Vagus likes this.
  3. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Bit of advice for the future though. If you don't like something that someone else likes, say, a video game. Then that's great, different opinions are what makes us unique and different. but avoid verbally lashing the said medium with things like "shallow" or "narcissistic" because it's quite rude, and unnecessary. Would have been better to have just ignored this.
    Jan 30, 2018
  4. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Yes, it may be a "game," but the whole idea that humans are gods golden miracle, that games like Monster Hunter often convey, is still ruling our species with an iron fist, and causing us to become selfish and caring only of our own species, which in the long run will destroy the planet.
    Jan 30, 2018
  5. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    And that's great you don't have to kill a lot of them. At the same time, humans are still kind of portrayed as the only creature capable of anything outside sensless killing, except maybe the Felynes if they're in this. If I could play as a Felyne, I actually might like this more since it takes away from a real-life problem and makes it feel more fantastical.
    Jan 30, 2018
  6. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    As for using "Shallow" and "Narcissistic" to describe the game, I'm not neccessarily teling you to dislike the game. I'm just stating my opinion on it.
    Jan 30, 2018
  7. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Not in this one, but in Monster Hunter X you can play as your Felyne companion. You sacrifice attack power and defense for mobility, and Felynes dont need pickaxes or bug-nets to gather materials.
    Jan 31, 2018