Comments on Profile Post by Miss Nile

1. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    RTP only games can be great, but...usually they attract a lot less people.
    Feb 4, 2018
    Miss Nile likes this.
  2. SimProse
    SimProse
    Yes, some people might be weird about the RTP thing, it's taken as a sign of "laziness". Not if the story and mechanics are good though, perhaps?
    Feb 4, 2018
    Miss Nile likes this.
  3. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    There are, after all, a lot of "just another RM game"s out there.
    Feb 4, 2018
    Miss Nile likes this.
  4. Nightblade50
    Feb 4, 2018
    Miss Nile likes this.
  5. Tome571
    Tome571
    If you map it right, and you definitely can, RTP is acceptable. It shows the time and effort put in, and looks pretty beautiful. First impressions matter!
    Feb 4, 2018
  6. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    And, @Miss Nile, you are a great mapper, I think you can make something fabulous even with RTP!
    Feb 4, 2018
  7. mlogan
    mlogan
    So maybe get a good working demo up with RTP? See what the response is and, if it's truly good enough, start getting people interested in following it's development.
    Feb 4, 2018
  8. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Surprisingly, some heavy RTP games have sold over 100,000 copies (per Steamspy). And I know they are heavy RTP as I own them and have played them. So it CAN be done.
    Feb 4, 2018
  9. Miss Nile
    Miss Nile
    Thanks for the insights and support, everyone. I still have some to think about but I think I'll go with this. :)

@bgillisp Wow, now that's a surprise. Would you mind sharing some of the names with me? I'd like to take a look at these games. ^^
    Feb 4, 2018
    Nightblade50 likes this.
  10. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Data Hacker Initiation and Chronicles of a Dark Lord (original, the MV remake of it did poorly).
    Feb 4, 2018
    Miss Nile likes this.
  11. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    However...I think the reason they sold that many copies is they have been out for years. So it's probably more a case of they slowly built up a fan base than anything.
    Feb 4, 2018
    Miss Nile likes this.