Guiguimu likes this.
  2. Lehla
    Lehla
    Explanation, please? Brain is frazzled.
    Feb 5, 2018
    Guiguimu likes this.
  3. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I'm trying to make NPCs (like, random people you encounter in the town), but because I'm using my own style rather than RTP, I have to make all of them myself, but if I were to make two whole towns' worth of people, it'd take forever. Unless I just make the same four people and recolour them.
    Feb 5, 2018
  4. Lehla
    Lehla
    Recoloring isn't a bad idea, but maybe also change their hair with each color??
    Feb 5, 2018
    Guiguimu likes this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Just make a few variations. You really don't need to make lots of random NPCs. :)
    Feb 5, 2018
    Guiguimu and HexMozart88 like this.
  6. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    All right. I mean, you don't really engage with them too much, so I guess it wouldn't be such a bad idea, as long as they don't look like the main characters.
    Feb 5, 2018
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Better to focus on making more important characters look unique. No one will remember random NPCs just milling about the place.
    Feb 5, 2018
  8. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    All of the humans have purple eyes, so that's even easier. XD
    Feb 5, 2018
  9. Lehla
    Lehla
    Take any of the pokemon games for examples. The only duplicated NPC who would truly stand out is Youngster Joey. Especially now that he has an Alolan counterpart.
    Feb 5, 2018
    HexMozart88 likes this.
  10. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    You could also copy-paste bodies on different heads to mix up hair and clothing.
    Feb 5, 2018
    HexMozart88 likes this.
  11. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Interesting idea. Like a character generator.... OwwwO I have an idea now.
    Feb 5, 2018
    Guiguimu and starlight dream like this.