Comments on Profile Post by Puruiro

1. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    But that has gotten too big too, so moved to a more smaller game... That game started as one short story, but developed into three short stories.
    Feb 6, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  2. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    But now I'm thinking if its too big again and rethinking of doing a new game with only one short story asdfdgjkl
    Feb 6, 2018
  3. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    I have some ideas in the back of my mind, but... they're all too big XD
    I just really enjoy creating characters and giving them big adventures... _( :3 」∠)_
    Feb 6, 2018
  4. Kwerty
    Kwerty
    from my exp - starting and stopping projects can dmg my morale. Start with small projects and build from there. A demo for example of a larger project might be quite short and a good starting point for a large project but wont take too much time to create!
    Feb 6, 2018
    starlight dream, Raol and Puruiro like this.
  5. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    I'm fine with putting them all aside, as they all are in like the beginning stage anyway, so I have more time to properly polish their stories and ideas^^
    I thought so about starting with a demo or small chapter! But I kind of dont feel satisfied to start in that way lol. I'll see if I can come up with something
    Feb 6, 2018
  6. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    You know, my first complete game was actually my 4th game I tried to make. I had to trim all those big ideas into a really small idea, because man, i really want to know the feel of actually complete a game
    Feb 6, 2018
    Raol and Puruiro like this.
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Even with that I kept getting an idea like, "what if I add a bestiary? what if I add a statistic menu? what if I add ...." etc etc
    Feb 6, 2018
    Raol, Puruiro and Kwerty like this.
  8. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    Definitely very relateable lol
    Feb 6, 2018
  9. Llareian
    Llareian
    I think if you start with a one-quest story, you will probably wind up at the right size for a first game. Resist the urge to add more to it. Just getting finished with something that you can play takes a lot longer than you think (as you've realized) but finishing something that you can share is priceless!
    Feb 6, 2018
    The Mighty Palm and Puruiro like this.
  10. Llareian
    Llareian
    And once you have that simple project DONE, it's a lot easier to add to it than it would be to remove things from a too-large-to-finish project.
    Feb 6, 2018
    The Mighty Palm and Puruiro like this.
  11. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    One-Quest story! Why didnt I think in that way before? Thank you, I'll try to limit myself in that way
    Feb 6, 2018
  12. Brrt
    Brrt
    To begin, I recommend you make a short game using the resources that the RM you use has. then you can make a short game by creating original resources of yours.
    Feb 8, 2018
    Puruiro likes this.
  13. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    @Brrt I did this actually a bit to get used with the mapping, but it was just something silly and I wasnt as invested as I would be with doing something fully original, but that just might be the artist in me lol
    Feb 8, 2018
    Brrt likes this.
  14. Brrt
    Brrt
    good only is my humble and humane opinion xD
    Feb 9, 2018