RPG Maker Forums

cabfe
cabfe
So you've found the rightly wrong answers, right?
Poryg
Poryg
Only one of them I was sure they had wrong.
Jonforum
Jonforum
what was answers and the question
Poryg
Poryg
foo = {
bar : 10;
}
p = Object.create(foo);
delete p.bar;
console.log (p.bar);
The correct answer should be undefined, but they said it was 10.
Jonforum
Jonforum
ho ok nothing, its stupid and strange !
Poryg
Poryg
Agreed. That's why I didn't take the test seriously.
Llareian
Llareian
Are you missing a part where foo was defined earlier? I'm having trouble making sense of it as it is. It's not a function and it's not an object...
Poryg
Poryg
If foo is not an object, what else would it be?
It is an object, the fact that it is {} says it is an object. [] is used for arrays and associative arrays, {} for objects.
It is an Object with property bar. p is an object generated from foo. And from p the property bar gets deleted, so it should be undefined, not 10.
Llareian
Llareian
Yeah but that's not how you instantiate object properties. You use :, not =;. Throw it into console. It doesn't work.
Poryg
Poryg
That is because I rewrote the code quickly, not copypasted it :D But thank you for pointing it out :}
Llareian
Llareian
It's like a weird amalgam of an object initializer and a constructor function.
Poryg
Poryg
Yup, I may have forgotten Object.create (foo.prototype) too. However, properties written like that are a feature of ES6.
Llareian
Llareian
I'd have gone with p = new Object(foo), but either way, whether p wasn't created from foo correctly or it was and you deleted p.bar, you're right, it should still be undefined.
Hudell
Hudell
Want an explanation on the 10?
Poryg
Poryg
I guess I definitely need it even if I don't want it :D
Hudell
Hudell
Try this:

var obj = { value : 15 };
var p = Object.create(obj);

obj.value = 20;
delete obj.value;
console.log(obj.value);
Hudell
Hudell
delete obj.value turns the value property back to 15 instead of undefined. I guess delete works more like a "revert to default" than actually deleting.
Poryg
Poryg
How comes deleting value from obj deletes value from p as well, but deleting value from p doesn't delete value from p?
Poryg
Poryg
Ah, I see.
Hudell
Hudell
I would have got that answer wrong too.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So ... uh ... this weekend I have to cut my husband's hair. He searched long and hard - highest mountains, deepest valleys, across vast oceans. All hairdressers are now closed. So it's me.
Yanfly Save Event Locations plugin is a real time saver.
Keep events still for once!
Yesterday.... 6 total subscribers on my YouTube, today 33. To think I was foolishly trying to put out videos to grow my subscriber base. That's just crazy talk. :LZSskeptic:

I wonder if I can hit 100 by the end of the week. :LZSexcite:
how to make small eyes so cute like that... ah... I give up...
Sometimes I wonder if we're ever going to be able to call Blizzard by its name, or if it's fully fledged Activision forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GabrelleGail