RPG Maker Forums

Llareian
Llareian
They may have had too many qualified applicants. I've heard of that being used as a sort of "Preliminary Round". They get a good look at the candidates, get an initial feel for their personalities, and whatever information you filled out on the paper to help narrow down the field. It uses up less of the company's time. Unfortunately, it usually means the odds are woefully out of your favor.
Poryg
Poryg
No, too many unqualified applicants. Everyone, even unqualified can find a job there. But not when the unqualified ones come in masses :D
Llareian
Llareian
Especially if you're young, a large field of candidates works against you (at least here in the US), because you never get a chance to show how knowledgeable and hardworking you are...the unspoken assumption is that maturity comes with age, so they'll usually cut the younger candidates without really thinking about it.
Poryg
Poryg
Yeah. Here the "easiest age" is around 28-32 to have the biggest chance of a job. Then it's young age, then middle age and then old age.
starlight dream
starlight dream
Did they tell you why you didn't pass it? Maybe they'll keep you on their list though.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@starlight dream Over here you'd be lucky to even be told you didn't get the job. You've just got to assume you haven't got it if you don't hear anything for a while. I've applied for loads of jobs since leaving secondary school, and only two have sent me a letter telling me I hadn't got the job.
The Stranger
The Stranger
One was respectful enough to call me back in and tell me to my face I hadn't got the job, and even tell me why - I liked that bloke.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@The Stranger Same here for the most part. Since he was interviewed and said he didn't pass, I assumed they told him.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After 3 and half months of my first long term game being playtested it is now in a more polished state. Now I proudly re-present Path of the Martyrs!
I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintypatronus