RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
I don't mind draws, but I hate boring draws. I hate when players play only to exchange all material and draw. Which is why I play unorthodox chess.
Stanley
Stanley
"boring draws"..hmm I think that's what I was thinking about haha, good choice of conceptual words right there buddy
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Stanley
Stanley
title fascinates me, gonna pause spotify and watch this now
Stanley
Stanley
nice game :D
Stanley
Stanley
the King singlehandedly drew the game xD
well mostly
Poryg
Poryg
Yeah :D Era of romantic chess. Nowadays many draws are rather boring, because people are afraid to take risks.
Although there is this one player nowadays that plays very aggressive chess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Q3e6E0Zfw
Stanley
Stanley
I think it's because of the influence of computer chess engines xD Wei Yi is a chess prodigy rite, I've never heard of Navara, maybe I have, but I can't recall..
Poryg
Poryg
Navara is a Czech grandmaster, he came to the same high school as I did.
Stanley
Stanley
holy shiizz, you're a personal friend of a grandmaster? i so jelly :o
Stanley
Stanley
I need to be updated really on the current chess scene
Stanley
Stanley
Has Garry Kasparov given up on politics and gotten back to chess yet?
Poryg
Poryg
I'm not a personal friend of his. And in the end it's no special thing :) I saw a grandmaster and a WIM chill with friends in chess café several times. They're normal people like us :)
No, Kasparov still is not back. He only participated in one rapid tournament recently... And from time to time in casual events.
Stanley
Stanley
Ah you're rite, hehe. Ah I see. Who are your favourite chess players? Ive forgotten who I used to admire most. But I remember, before my youngest bro became a male chess superstar in my secondary school, I was the best male chess player in that school.
Stanley
Stanley
I still remember, when I got stuck at chess and felt like I couldn't improve further, I got a hold of a chess book called something like Bobby Fischer's Outrageous Chess Moves and that really boosted my performance by leaps and bounds.
Poryg
Poryg
Wei Yi is my favorite current chess player. His tactical prowess and aggressive style is worth respect. Then Carlsen with his positional playstyle is great from the exact opposite camp. Then there's this WIM who is really cute, but I forgot her name :(
Stanley
Stanley
Since you're my friend, and you like chess and game making and you encouraged me in playing guitar and songwriting, I shall play chess regularly again. I'll google up Wei Yi and Carlsen, Carlsen he's the no 1 chess player rite? Haha I've met a few cute female chess players in my state but couldn't bring myself to approach them xD
Poryg
Poryg
I'm not playing chess too regularly now, because I can't find the motivation to do it. Not even cute opponent hunting can motivate me :D
Stanley
Stanley
haha. how long you has it been since the last time you played it? Me...close to three years
Poryg
Poryg
Today :D
And I played a decent game too (as white):
1. d4 e6 2. e4 d5 3. exd5 exd5 4. Nc3 Nf6 5. c4 c6 6. Nc3 Be7 7. cxd5 cxd5 8. Ne5 0-0 9. Bd3 Nc6 10. 0-0 Be6 11. Bc2 Rc8 12. a3 a6 13. Qd3 Qb6 14. Nxc6 bxc6 15. Bg5 g6 16. b4 Bf5 17. Qf3 Bxc2 18. Bxf6 Bxf6 19. Qxf6 Bd3 20. Nxd5 cxd5 21. Qxb5 Bxf1 22. Rxf1 Rfb8 23. Qc5 Rd8 24. Re1 Black resigned

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xafir