Comments on Profile Post by Smokeklown

1. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I mean...firstly I have to disclaim that you should never make life decisions based on advice given on the internet.

But secondly I have to say quitting jobs have been some of the best decisions of my life, I'd be a dead man by now if it weren't for the ability to walk away from jobs you don't like to find new ones, though it's a habit that makes finding new ones harder. Still though, it's worth it.
    Feb 9, 2018
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'm with @Philosophus Vagus on this one. I used to work nightmare shifts which left me no time for myself, and which were having a negative impact on my relationships with others, as well as my mental health. I was constantly pressured to keep all of these extra jobs just because it earned me extra money, but the best decision I ever made was to leave them all behind save for my main job.
    Feb 9, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion and Smokeklown like this.
  3. Smokeklown
    Smokeklown
    Well see I work nights at 711 and it's honestly killing me cuz I can't ever sleep cuz when I get off I have to go and take care of normal people errands and then I have insomnia so it's at the point where I find my self hallucinating at points
    Feb 9, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion and The Stranger like this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Smokeklown Mate, there are other ways to earn money. You may have to adjust your lifestyle, be a little stricter when it comes to your finances, etc, but it's better than suffering hallucinations due to lack of sleep. There's more to life than work. Maybe have a word with your boss and see if you can take up a new, more reasonable, hours.
    Feb 9, 2018
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If you carry on the way you are, you wont be able to work at all. You'll likely develop an illness or suffer a mental breakdown. You don't want either of those things to happen to you.
    Feb 9, 2018
  6. Smokeklown
    Smokeklown
    I'm more then certain that's what happened with my dad actually I just was lucky I found this job and any hours I just wish they'd hire someone so I could have more then 2 days off which are actually 2 of the 3 days I work at my other job which pays more so I'm not even sure which to quit
    Feb 9, 2018
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Deciding which to quit is up to you. Personally, I'd look at how much I enjoy the job (you don't have to love it), how much I earn and how it influences my life. If I get on well with other employees, it earns me a fair wage and it doesn't consume my entire life, then I'd opt for that job.
    Feb 9, 2018
  8. Smokeklown
    Smokeklown
    I appreciate the advice man it really helps me figure sheep out to have someone to tell me what I already know. That's not sarcasm I really mean it. It helps to hear from others. Especially when they know the spot your in and have been there themself.
    Feb 9, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    No problem. :) You're not alone in working multiple jobs and it having a negative impact on your life. At the end of the day, your well-being is far more important than earning some extra cash. It might be financially difficult to begin with, but it's better than working yourself into an early grave. Where there's a will there's a way, as people say.
    Feb 9, 2018
    Smokeklown likes this.
  10. Smokeklown
    Smokeklown
    Good to hear man. Good to hear.
    Feb 9, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.