Comments on Profile Post by Avery

1. Llareian
    Llareian
    You're a very brave woman for trying, and a super talented one for making as many as you have!
    Feb 11, 2018
    starlight dream and Avery like this.
  2. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Not only that, but it limits creativity, in my opinion. You can easily see what parts people used for their generated main characters and it makes them less unique and original.
    Feb 11, 2018
    Avery likes this.
  3. KaiWeWi
    KaiWeWi
    It really can be a pain in the *** :-/
    Feb 11, 2018
    starlight dream and Avery like this.
  4. hiddenone
    hiddenone
    Yup, just trying to learn how to get them to actually work made me wonder if it was worth it to make any. :kaodes:
    Feb 12, 2018
    KaiWeWi likes this.
  5. KaiWeWi
    KaiWeWi
    There is just so much you can scr*w up with the names xD
    But when you finally get them to work you feel extremely awesome :-D
    Feb 12, 2018
  6. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Been working on one and I understand why artists refuse to do them, even for payment.
    You've made so many though. Doesn't it get easier with all that practice?
    Feb 12, 2018
    KaiWeWi likes this.
  7. KaiWeWi
    KaiWeWi
    Well actually making them isn't the hard part. I like drawing and pixeling :)
    The tricky part is picking the correct names to not mess anything up. I usually just look at the names of already existing generator pieces and try to name mine the same way. Facialparts are easy to name compared to stuff with color options. But it does get a lot easier once you made a few parts. ^^
    Feb 12, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  8. KaiWeWi
    KaiWeWi
    But to be honest, trying to make stuff look the same in the walking sprite and the SV battler sprite is quite annoying. It has to be slightly bigger in SV sprite, but just a tiny bit bigger. Also you have to slightly adjust the angle. That's pretty hard if the image in question is only a few pixels large to begin with :p
    Feb 12, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  9. Avery
    Avery
    Static things are okayish, but animated ones are a pain in the a**. So many poses, minding other possible layers...
    Feb 12, 2018
    starlight dream and KaiWeWi like this.