Harrumi likes this.
  4. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    review here
    Feb 17, 2018
    Harrumi likes this.
  5. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    Wacom's is pretty sure the best, my bamboo is like 7-8 years old now? and still works like new. So an intuos should be good enough^^ I also hear good things about the Huion
    Feb 17, 2018
    Shaz and starlight dream like this.
  6. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    Though you might need to get used to drawing with a tablet without screen, due eye and hand coordination. It can be weird at the beginning, but just keep practicing and drawing and you will get used to it after like some months^^
    Feb 17, 2018
    Shaz and starlight dream like this.
  7. Chiara
    Chiara
    I've been using a wacom for about... 14ish years now. Still works, had to replace the nib only once so far. I can attest to them working forever (at least the older models). But no matter which you choose, make sure to place it on the side of your dominant hand once you have one, not in front of you. That prevents some pain issues down the line.
    Feb 17, 2018
  8. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Did you know Wacom pens don't use batteries? They got some crazy magnetic field going on there. Technology is crazy.
    Feb 17, 2018
  9. taarna23
    taarna23
    I just started digging into using my huion graphics tablet and while I'm nothing resembling an artist yet, I do really like it. $100 for a 16cm wide (not sure how tall) drawing surface was nothing to complain about either.
    Feb 17, 2018
    Harrumi and starlight dream like this.
  10. taarna23
    taarna23
    Also worth noting, I have found using a pen differs little control-wise from using a mouse. You still see the mouse move, you just change how you interact with things. You press the pen down instead of clicking. Otherwise, not looking at my hand as I try to draw is a non-issue. I did not expect it to be so.
    Feb 17, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  11. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I saw an unboxing. You need a cd drive to get the drivers right? They all come with a disk.
    Feb 17, 2018
  12. taarna23
    taarna23
    @FleshToDust They can be downloaded from the website, as well.
    Feb 17, 2018
  13. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    @taarna23 Oh so the cd is optional? I don't need to use it? I might have to pick this thing up then!
    Feb 17, 2018
    Harrumi likes this.
  14. Harrumi
    Harrumi
    Feb 17, 2018
  15. Shaz
    Shaz
    My son wants to get a Wacom tablet. Was looking at the Intuos Medium, then realised this morning there's no multi-touch for zooming. How important is that? There's a $200 difference between this one and the Intous Pro to get the multi-touch. Do you have it? Do you use it a lot? Also USB vs wireless.
    Feb 17, 2018
  16. Puruiro
    Puruiro
    @Shaz My bamboo has multi touch and tbh I never used it. It might depend how he likes to work but honestly, shortcuts on keyboard or manually with the pen are more than enough.
    Feb 17, 2018
    Shaz likes this.