RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
In all honesty, if Huniepop had been a Bejeweled clone, I wouldn't even bother buying it. But that unique strategic aspect and clever connection to dating sim made me really like the game with Tiffany and Audrey being my favorite girls from there. I don't even care about the R-18 content, although it was indeed a good move. It got banned on twitch and controversy around it made it very popular :D
Poryg
Poryg
Huniecam studio didn't end up so well received. Only R-15 content, nothing R-18. The comic book look was something that Huniepot had to apologize for and the fact that the girls had like zero personality due to the game's nature did not help it. But well, it is the only clicker game I like, with my list of favorites expanding by Lailani and Sarah :D
Parallax Panda
Parallax Panda
Cool. While not an entirely unique concept, combining puzzle games with VN narrative is a good recipe. I like puzzle games in general but the lack of story, plot & characters is a shame when those things could make a good game even better (if done well of course).
Poryg
Poryg
But that would be a completely different game :)
Poryg
Poryg
For example once I played a game called Freecell conquest or how it was called. It was freecell with rpg elements, story and stuff. But it was not freecell anymore due to all these aspects :(
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
oh crap I posted in wrong status lol
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
@Poryg I suppose It's a matter of perspective. The first time doing the bonus puzzle took me well over 45 minutes. They did gradually get easier.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
The game does involve a bit of strategy. Blowing up patterns randomly might hurt. Some girls prefer different colored orbs over the others. Adding Sentiment and Hearts early. Know when to use gifts.
Reactions: Poryg
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
And @Poryg, they are my favorite characters as well. Audrey is such a Tsundere.
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
The last puzzle is simple. You match threes and wait for the chain reactions to happen.
Poryg
Poryg
But yeah, blowing patterns up randomly does hurt. At alpha mode it especially hurts. Alpha mode is an auto hard setting where it gradually gets tougher and tougher. For example at alpha date #39 you have to amass more than 59k points. Of course as the numbers get bigger, there is only one way to do it.
Poryg
Poryg
Also, Audrey keeps her tsundere character even in Huniecam studio... When you give her a task, she's like "Uuuurgh! Fine!" and when you finish: "There! Happy?!" Although it's not the best thing out there :) For example Lailani when you give her a task: "Oh, mom will be so proud!" and when she finishes: "Next thing, please!"
Poryg
Poryg
But none of these can beat Sarah's "Did I do good? ^_^" or "Complet-o!"
starlight dream
starlight dream
Weird but serious question: if you get the uncensored patch does it increase the difficulty by making the game more distracting? That would be a good strategy from the makers :p

This topic grew some legs.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
Only if players suddenly find themselves using one hand to control the mouse.
starlight dream
starlight dream
OK. That adds up. Thanks :p
Poryg
Poryg
Well, since the uncensored patch only adds 2 CG per character, it doesn't make the game any more difficult due to distraction, since the only time you can see the extra cg is either after you finish the puzzle or in the gallery if you have unlocked them.
Poryg
Poryg
Not to mention, I don't control my mouse with more than one hand, it would be highly impractical to do it.
Poryg
Poryg
I only added the patch for completion anyway, since I'm not really into anime style nudity. So for me it's not distracting at all and the sounds that come out during the unlosable puzzle rather disturb me.
starlight dream
starlight dream
Thanks for answering, yeah it doesn't affect the game if it shows up in a gallery..
But it got me thinking of ways to distract players during puzzles. Ideas come from the weirdest places.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vulgourso