RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
It's a self switch. Just like you can control your moods and not anybody else, events can't control each others' self switches by default. I find it quite natural to be honest :)
Reactions: Shaz
Poryg
Poryg
You can always control self switches via scripting though, so it's not like everything is lost.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
I think I'm going to need a script. I want the party members to appear in the bar automatically, but when you walk out the party followers are on.
Poryg
Poryg
Hit f8 to show the console and type in $gameSelfSwitches. There the turned on self switches will be shown. Although I'm not exactly sure now how to turn them off, but that should be possible to find in rpg_objects.js if I remember correctly.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
whew... my scripting is a mess. I've decided that I want Normal player speed and followers On in areas where there are no random encounters like towns and such. Overworld and Dungeons will have player speed slowed down and no player followers.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
Traveling on the overworld changes the weather. Eventually will also change to day/night. Add to the complication that the first Overworld map has no BG Music due to dramatic effect for the intro and there's a lot to clean up.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
And so, Common Events are the way to go.
Poryg
Poryg
And why would you possibly need self switches for that? Just use a teleport event: followers on - move event - hero - speed up, and in another map followers off - move event - hero - speed down.
Poryg
Poryg
Yup, common events are a way to go :)
Kes
Kes
Not by default, but at least in Ace it's a simple script call. And it's something I use a lot in e.g. cutscenes, but also for things like - when someone leaves a building, when they open a door light appears to stream in. That's because the transfer event turns on the A switch of an event near the door and then during the fadeout turns it off again.
Tons of uses for which common events are inefficient.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:
Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giltry