jack2396
jack2396
Just Monika.
Poryg
Poryg
God.
Sharm
Sharm
That depends on what exactly you mean. Could be a Reality Warper or just Genre Savvy. No idea who Monika is supposed to refer to.
KanaX
KanaX
All attributes that escape the limits of the work of fiction itself are usually called "meta". So I would suppose that the characters themselves are "meta-characters". The act itself is called "fourth-wall-breaking".
starlight dream
starlight dream
Neo. The One.

Who is Monika?

@KanaX You mean if the fictional character is aware of our reality, they are called meta?
Reactions: KanaX
Scythuz
Scythuz
Monika is a character from Doki Doki Literature Club, a free "dating sim" on steam that eventually warps into something else entirely. I don't wanna spoil anymore but if you're okay with genuinely disturbing content, it's quite the experience.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Scythuz Thank you :) I'll have to check it out. I only realize that something was disturbing after seeing it. XD Will take a chance..

@Kuro DCupu When a character can change things in their own world (for example switch car keys into sandwiches) this is called alteration magic/powers.
Scythuz
Scythuz
@starlight dream Good luck! If you play it, pm me and lemme know what you thought :P
starlight dream
starlight dream
OK :D I also owe you a Jazzpunk review LOL
Scythuz
Scythuz
Oh yeah! Lmao I forgot about that xD
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
Suppose I'm aware that I'm just a game character. When I tried to speak, instead of voice, a floating message came out. I use that "floating message" to slap my enemies while they wonder what just happen.
... maybe I should make a thread of this.
KanaX
KanaX
Yes, that's part of breaking the fourth wall.
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
I don't think so...? The term "breaking the 4th wall" is mean for when the character reach the audience perception of reality, like interacting with "us" for example... This is more just defying their world logic, like... I build a world where emotion doesn't exist. Then a character just show an emotion. From their perception of reality, this character just did something unimaginable.
KanaX
KanaX
What you just expressed is vastly different from your previous examples! Maybe you should open a topic!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.
Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks - came unsalted and had a little pouch of salt to manually shake on it. Of course, things are more efficient now, but Walker's still brought back the old 'Salt 'N' Shake' style a couple years ago. Dunno why, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's because the nostalgia crowd were getting salty.
Guys I just want to sit around and work on my game! *gets lots and lots of money shoveled at him* Game, I don't recall a game. What game? :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzyelnatz