RPG Maker Forums

ts50
ts50
Oh no! ;_; Antivirus programs can be odd that way
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
zimzim
zimzim
Mine too. My F-Secure is screaming at me everytime I tried to open RMV.
Warpmind
Warpmind
AVG quarantined a file for me, too.
Fortunately, I was allowed to flag it as a false positive, and AVG restored the file to its rightful place, and the program runs.
Poryg
Poryg
Avast says nothing.
Archeia
Archeia
It's not the dev's fault that your antivirus treats a commonly used development tool (node: https://nwjs.io/) as a malware. Just whitelist it.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
I beg to differ, seeing as how several people have this problem as well. It might have been an unforeseen problem, but that's why the update should have been tested first before it was released.
Poryg
Poryg
I have to stand up here. Antivirus reactions are always unpredictable and may even differ from computer to computer. For example during the betatesting my Avast didn't say anything about MV 1.6, while someone else's yelled Alert.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
It is what it is. Unforeseen problems occur.
Poryg
Poryg
The biggest problem with viruses is that it's very hard to avoid it, because when an antivirus searches through the file, it checks its "DNA" to see a matching byte sequence (since that is the only way to check binary files like dlls). And when it finds a byte sequence, it flags it as a malware.
Poryg
Poryg
And for example nw.js has some pretty powerful abilities in terms of file manipulation, so I wouldn't even wonder it gets flagged as malware just because it has a byte sequence that matches a malware's "signature bytes".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilhelm