Comments on Profile Post by Enelvon

1. TDS
    TDS
    Especially if you think you forgot to add something or think something is missing.
    Dec 1, 2012
  2. Enelvon
    Enelvon
    Oh, definitely. I tested it rather thoroughly, but there's always that one person who manages to find the last bug that you missed.
    Dec 1, 2012
  3. TDS
    TDS
    Yeah, I feel stupid when that happens. You spend hours testing and someone walks into a wall and "Syntax error" or "Method not found".
    Dec 1, 2012
  4. Enelvon
    Enelvon
    Yes. Far too frequently the person who finds it happens to be the first one to respond to your post. It makes me want to smash my head against a wall.
    Dec 1, 2012
  5. Solistra
    Solistra
    This is a large part of why I haven't released anything before now, honestly.
    Dec 1, 2012
  6. TDS
    TDS
    Yep, the classic being "Your script doesn't work". No information about the error, just that it doesn't work.
    Dec 1, 2012
  7. Enelvon
    Enelvon
    I definitely understand why. No matter how many times you release a script, the wait for the first comments is horrible. You're so sure that something will go wrong.
    Dec 1, 2012
  8. Enelvon
    Enelvon
    And yes. I despise those posts. At the very least I'd like a screenshot of the error message.
    Dec 1, 2012
  9. TDS
    TDS
    If you even get a comment at all, nowadays unless you're making a battle system or some other huge system odds are very high that you won't even get a "thank you".
    Dec 1, 2012
  10. Enelvon
    Enelvon
    This is true. In the past, I often got people thanking me and telling me the ways they were using even the simplest of my scripts. From what I've seen of the present state of things, it's not good enough if it's not flashy.
    Dec 1, 2012
  11. Enelvon
    Enelvon
    Which doesn't bode well for this script, I suppose, because it's certainly not flashy. It's just useful. It allows you to use an organized text file to display text, which will automatically be wrapped, rather than the Show Text event command.
    Dec 1, 2012
  12. Enelvon
    Enelvon
    And, uh, stopping this now, since I just realized it's quite a bit of content. PMs are probably better.
    Dec 1, 2012