RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
The reason for that is simple. A 16 bit game. Every city's relations begin at the middle. When you liquidate an enemy ship in a city's vicinity, the relations with it rise... Until they exceed 255. Due to overhead the relations suddenly turn from 255 to 0 and the city opens fire everytime you visit it.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Sounds like someone forgot how variables work when they set up that counter. Any 8 bit unsigned variable that goes over 255 rolls back to 0.
Amarok
Amarok
that was also the infamous bug that made gandhi go insane and nuke everyone in civ 1
Poryg
Poryg
It is a DOS game, mistakes like that happen. In Civ 1 there was a similar bug with Gandhi. He had 1 aggression by default. But after researching Democracy, the AI received -2 to aggression. So Gandhi's aggression suddenly rolled back to 255, which turned the peaceful Gandhi into an absolute madman who rushed nukes and declared wars on sight.
Poryg
Poryg
The most interesting thing is that this bug was fixed in Civ 2, but the fans modded it back. So in the end it stayed with him as an inside joke. Although for example in Civ 5 he was always peaceful, he just made sure he had as many nukes as possible.
Poryg
Poryg
There was also some Sim City-like game in which you could gain so much money you'd get in very deep debt that caused an immediate game over. Not sure what its name was though.
Marquise*
Marquise*
:) They still make that kinda stuff?
Poryg
Poryg
It's a game from old DOS times. Nobody makes DOS games anymore. But it is always fun to play them and find out little bugs :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.
At this point I've gotten so tired of April Fools on the internet that last year I just refused to even post anything on the RMW Social Media on April Fools in protest. Considering doing it again.
I posted a funny gag reel of Drifty's video's here, but realized it was probably too riskay, so I deleted it, oops, lol.
Another room (actually other half of previous room)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xenkei