Comments on Profile Post by Seacliff

1. Seacliff
    Feb 28, 2018
    Stanley likes this.
  2. IAmJakeSauvage
    IAmJakeSauvage
    Yeah, fuckin' Square is just shitting the bed so much.
    Feb 28, 2018
    Stanley and starlight dream like this.
  3. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    It's so, bad.

Like if they are just going to do a lazy port, at least do a lazy port of the DS version, which doesn't have a horrifyingly bad ui.
    Feb 28, 2018
    Stanley, Seacliff and starlight dream like this.
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    This makes my heart hurt. Next you'll tell me they also added in the playstation port's load times.
    Feb 28, 2018
    starlight dream and Seacliff like this.
  5. taarna23
    taarna23
    @Sharm I would take load time over garbage UI and bilinear filtering. There goes adding that to my wish list. Good jorb, Squeenix.
    Feb 28, 2018
    Stanley likes this.
  6. Seacliff
    Seacliff
    If they wanted to use the mobile AI, that's one thing.
    The biggest kick is the stretched widescreen resolution, color filter, and font.
    Hopefully, it's only a matter of time before a mod comes around to fix it, it's not as hopeless as the FFV and VI PC ports, but it's still inexcusable for Square.
    Feb 28, 2018
  7. TheMutantSpaceDancer
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    what the f$#k is this sh!t? why does it look so ugly? who made it so ugly? who let it be so ugly? why do the sprites look like jpegs? what even is chrono trigger? why do I have yet to play it? why do I have yet to play many good rpgs? why is there a frogmin on screen? what is his backstory? is his name ribbulion? what even are frogs? WHAT EVEN ARE FROGS?!
    Feb 28, 2018
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    Chrono Trigger is arguably the best RPG of all time. It's an absolute must play. It's been ported a lot, the best version is probably the DS one, if you can find it.
    Feb 28, 2018
  9. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Eh, I would argue against best of all time. It is in the top 3 best RPGs of its generation though, and probably aged the best of those games.

Its still very worth playing, and the DS version is the definitive version imo.
    Feb 28, 2018
  10. TheMutantSpaceDancer
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    okay, i'll pick up the ds version if I ever see it on a store shelf or something
    Feb 28, 2018
    Stanley likes this.
  11. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Also, Frog is a beast. Actually probably my favorite character from the game.
    Feb 28, 2018
  12. TheMutantSpaceDancer
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    i could tell he was the best just by lookin' at him, he's a frog man who has a sword. there is nothing more one would possibly want.
    Feb 28, 2018
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    Finding out about his knightly speech patterns might count, depending on your opinion of a giant frog using "thee"s and "thou"s.
    Feb 28, 2018
    Stanley likes this.
  14. TheMutantSpaceDancer
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    That sounds really silly and I love it. I really should play this game, it's got a talkin' frog knight, that sounds great!
    Feb 28, 2018
  15. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @TheMutantSpaceDancer Oh you gotta try it. It has fun mini-games, and the frog is the bestest (my fav frog from any videogame... and frogs have lots of vg competition).

I can't say (for certain) it's the best rpg of its generation. But it's my favourite one.
    Feb 28, 2018
    Stanley likes this.
  16. Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Yeah, I also don't think Chrono Trigger is the best of the best, but it's easily the best of its era. Anyone who has an interest in JRPGs should play it, it's a lot more influential than you may think.
    Mar 1, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  17. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Influential definitely.
    Chrono Trigger is the oldest rpg I can think of that begins with the hero waking up & talking to his mom.
    That scenario is extremely cliché now, but I *think* CT was the first one to do that.

@TheMutantSpaceDancer It even has a small dancing "competition" in it. They included that just for you. :p
    Mar 1, 2018
  18. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    @Seacliff, honestly it is 4th on my favorite RPGs of the era even. But that is because there were a LOT of great RPGs that era. (Phantasy Star IV, Dragon Quest V, Shining Force II are my top 3).

From a modern gameplay standpoint though, Chrono Trigger has aged fairly well, having had on screen enemies and the graphics were easily the best of those 4 games.
    Mar 1, 2018
  19. TheMutantSpaceDancer
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    ah sweet, dance mode
    Mar 1, 2018