RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
Huge companies don't make decisions based on morality, that's right. However, people who work with the people directly know much more about it than you and me for example, so if you want to approach legality, they do have a thing to say about it, because they have a level of understanding and experience.
starlight dream
starlight dream
LOL They can work at airports to signal at the planes.
Poryg
Poryg
@The Stranger The official press statement from the company is that grid girls are an obsolete thing that is incompatible with this year's views. But news state it was from feminist pressure, because work as grid girls is degrading and in that male dominated sport grid girls are treated like garbage and without respect according to these feminists.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Poryg Yes it's it's better if decisions are taken by those most knowledgeable.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@starlight dream Which means men making decisions for women, and visa versa. :P Society should be about cooperation, though, so I have no problems with men making decisions for women and women making decisions for men; so long as they know what they're doing, that is.
Reactions: Poryg
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Poryg TBH, I'm more inclined to go along with the being pressured angle. Official statements are often carefully worded so as to not point fingers or cause too much fuss.
Poryg
Poryg
@The Stranger What's more interesting is that the grid girls will get replaced by grid kids. So we have degraded girls replaced by kids labor :P :D
Poryg
Poryg
I read one woman's blog post justifying thousands of grid girls losing work. For once she said that the job was degrading regarding respect for the women, regarding the fact that whether it was hot or cold, she just had light clothes on and that she had to work for like hours, which was especially bad during extreme weather conditions.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Poryg LOL! Because child labour is better than female objectification, apparently. Whatever prevents men from ogling pretty girls from the comfort of their living rooms, I suppose. :P
Poryg
Poryg
So now we have grid girls replaced by grid kids, who as younglings are more susceptible to extreme weather conditons, are ineligible to do even half of the things grid girls did and are illegal to be made working for 10 hours straight. Not to mention, they will be working in a noisy environment, so there is a potential for hearing damage in child age.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Raising them into physical and mental disabilities. It's just insanity. F1 will also have to hire more staff to do what the grid girls did in other areas, such as welcoming VIPs. What a crazy world we live in.
Poryg
Poryg
@The Stranger Well, from living rooms people can be ogling girls anyway, just ones at much younger age, I wouldn't see a problem there :P But it's exactly as you said, they need more staff for the other tasks and at the same time it's bad for the kids' health. On the plus side, they'll get to see their heroes from up close... So maybe we'll have more f1 racers in the future.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Poryg
Poryg
I know grid girls aren't happy about it. I have already said it :D Politicians weren't happy about it, fans weren't happy about it, but most importantly grid girls themselves weren't happy about it. And thanks to a couple of feminists thousands of grid girls lost their jobs.
Poryg
Poryg
In fact in youtube comments a new feminist meme was born. "I want you to be able to do whatever you want... As long as you don't get paid better than me."
The Stranger
The Stranger
LOL! It's true. xD For some reason, lots of feminists are against women choosing to be stay at home mothers, too. God only knows why. Apparently, raising the future generation is a bad thing. You're free to do what you want, as a woman, so long as you do what we consider respectable jobs for women.
Poryg
Poryg
Actually, being a home mother or a housewife is a gamble nowadays, your husband loses his job and you're screwed. Not to mention, women are strong, stronger than men and they don't need men. I've seen the first one firsthand, the other two were just feminist quotes.
starlight dream
starlight dream
I realized I missed some comments earlier sorry about that, if my replies were messy.
@The Stranger Hopefully by arguing with you, it helped you get a bit warmer :p

I can't pick on grid girls/kids. They have a job and I don't.

F1 probably hopes to attract more female fandom and sell more by removing the grid girls. The kids are likely an effort to attract younger fans? I mean it's business first.
starlight dream
starlight dream
To clear up: when I said men impose laws, I implied that politicians are mostly men. Not that men in general impose laws.^^

Feminism has taken a different connotation over the years. It's due to feminism that women were pushed on the job market and told they can use their body as they will for money or otherwise. Feminism was a contributor to sexual liberation, so it's a joke when they're getting puritanical.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@starlight dream Awwh. I hope you didn't think I was arguing with you. I enjoy discussion a fair bit, but don't like arguing. Arguments tend to be destructive, but discussion, though as heated as they sometimes become, are an exchange of ideas. I hold no ill will against you at all. :)

Like I said earlier, sorry for my broken replies. You can't reply properly in status updates.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokuboter