RPG Maker Forums

Andreyla
Andreyla
Interesting quote I heard about getting feedback early in your game development.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Embarrassment is probably the biggest obstacle I need to overcome.
Plueschkatze
Plueschkatze
I heard very often (especially from successful and 'pro' people) that you should show your progress early, especially as indie. (Not so much as AAA, because people hate waiting yeaaaars for games and updates on dev!)

But if you share early do it on a regular basis (1x a week, 1x every two or a month) before people start wondering where you are or forget about you XD
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Plueschkatze That sounds like good advice. Creating an early project thread has been on my mind for a while, now. My anxiety has been the only thing stopping me from creating one.
Plueschkatze
Plueschkatze
@The Stranger What are you afraid of? Anxiety is awful and exhausting (I suffer from that myself from time to time...) Is it about mean comments? Theft? Not getting noticed?
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Plueschkatze Probably a mixture of all of those things. Every time I try to do it, I think of a million and one reasons why I shouldn't, and why, like everything else, will be a bad thing. Then, I become downcast for days and feel worthless, before returning to normal and the cycle repeats.
Plueschkatze
Plueschkatze
@The Stranger Just do it. People will view the thread. Every view is a person that cared enough to open the thread. Only 1-5% of people that enjoy the content will EVER leave a comment. Haters/Trolls do that most often, sadly, because they gain "power" from ruining someones day. Ugh. (1/2)
Plueschkatze
Plueschkatze
But for every meanie, there are possibly hundreds of silent people enjoying your content. It's a mindset you've to get into... It's hard, I know... But you'll get a lot of energy whenever someone tells you they enjoy your work. (2/2)
The Stranger
The Stranger
It felt good when I shared a screenshot of a map I made. It's just something I need to work towards overcoming, I guess.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg
If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hyrrozz