RPG Maker Forums

Stanley
Stanley
You can do it, Starly! :)
taarna23
taarna23
It's a common problem. In a different engine, I am making a simple match/concentration game. Simple... ha... >.> But it's still best to start small, I think.
msazako
msazako
Just don't scrap it. Evolve with the project and place it to a new and hip engine if you have to!

(It didn't take me 9 years making the same project since RPG Maker 2003, producing several re-iterations of it throughout the years, only to finally find the best engine for it... or did I?)
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Oh :( maybe do them, but in a smaller way. Or divide the chapters into different games if possible... Just don't give up ^^
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Stanley Thanks, you know I can:p

@taarna23 It seems more simple 'til we start to work on it.. Sigh. Hang in there! We have another 500 years left in us for sure! ;)
I made 2 small games before, sooner or later I'll have to tackle a bigger idea. Uh-oh.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@msazako Yes, you have found the best engine (well... hoping for you)^^

It's true, new ideas are added to my project as I find new assets/dlc and more possibilities. It's for the better. So taking the time instead of rushing is a positive thing.
Good luck with your game. Does it have a thread?
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Guiguimu Thanks :) Breaking down the bigger stories is a good option. Some ideas require me to make lots tiles and sprites, so it's challenging.

But I'll try to focus on easier projects first.^.^
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Hum hum ^^ easy first. Like in games, we start by beating the easiest bosses and then we go for the big main villain!
Ahah well, if you ever need my help you know where to find me ^^
msazako
msazako
starlight dream
starlight dream
@msazako Thanx for the link, I'll have a friendly look now :)

@Guiguimu I should create an rpg as if I'm living in an rpg. Small bosses first xD I think I've reached the part where I've gained at least one ally, and have leveled-up some skills. :D
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Exactly, but you'll see... Before you know it you'll have a 20 man/woman party ready to help you in battle and the lvl 99 in every skill, plus your stats will be maxed!
starlight dream
starlight dream
Even if I hate to grind? :p
But I can envision that amazing future... just gotta remember to back-up my progress.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
Ahah yeah, even if you hate to grind, it will happen. You can have an EXP boost called motivation, and if you don't, just ask around and someone will give one to you ^^
No need to thank me, I'm not doing half of what you did for me.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Guiguimu This community is very motivating. It's good to know there's a place to ask for help and for feedback.

I didn't do much for you xD. It is fun discussing creative things and helping you out at the same time. :) And I really liked your tiles in the WIP thread!!
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
I agree, it's one of the best communities I ever been to ^^
Ah you did, to me it meant a lot! Yes, it's actually really funny, we should do it again :p
Thank you, I'm really happy you like them!!
Marquise*
Marquise*
Ty to do it by lil parts :) Like that aspect, then that other and then add on as you go
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Marquise* Thanks that's good advice, to do it in parts instead of seeing the whole project as one elephant.
Marquise*
Marquise*
BTW, apparently, it would be good to start by or on the side to work on game mechanics/plug-ins. If something bugs your story because of latest plug-in it will be more painful to remove. If you copy-paste your story on the complicated parts, you still can test each bits separate and know where it conflicts. Not sure it is a good tip because bugs will still be bugs. :3
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Marquise* It's a good point, I should focus on mechanics earlier. I usually start with story and aesthetics and leave the technical bits for later, but it's harder to apply them if I wait too long.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuneWagic