Comments on Profile Post by Tea's Jams

1. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Depressing (I have BDD though).
    Mar 8, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    My face? Terrible. I've despised my physical form for as long as I can remember. I've gone so far as to cut open my own face out of self-loathing. Whenever I look in the mirror I see nothing but a failure, a disappointment, a waste of flesh and blood. @starlight dream What's BDD?
    Mar 8, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  3. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    I hear ya, seriously, haha. Yeah, what's BDD?
    Mar 8, 2018
    The Stranger and starlight dream like this.
  4. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It's Body Dysmorphic Disorder (an obsessive belief that my appearance isn't good enough, so I go to great lengths to hide my face)
    It's silly sounding, but quite distressing.
    Mar 8, 2018
    Tea's Jams and The Stranger like this.
  5. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I lost 180 lbs, so my face is actually 100% different. Sometimes I still get confused looking at myself, but it's a pretty good face if I have to say so myself.
    Mar 8, 2018
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @starlight dream I feel for you. :( I hate how I look, not just my face, and always conceal myself under a coat of some description. I don't go swimming because I hate revealing myself to others; I even hated undressing infront of my ex-girlfriends. I was bullied a lot as a kid, though - not just by other children, either. I learned to hate myself, just as others hated me.
    Mar 8, 2018
    Tea's Jams and starlight dream like this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Ms Littlefish Wow! You must be so proud of yourself. Weight loss is extremely difficult for a lot of people.
    Mar 8, 2018
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @The Stranger Thanks! :) It wasn't easy, but it was worth it. It's been almost a decade now and I feel it happened at a real crossroad of my life. At that moment in time, I would either accept to get well or to get sicker.
    Mar 8, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  9. TheMutantSpaceDancer
    TheMutantSpaceDancer
    Feels face-like, I don't exactly know what having another face would feel like so I don't have any other feeling to compare or contrast here.
    Mar 8, 2018
  10. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Ms Littlefish Wow looking at your pics I never woulda imagined that.Congrats for your achievement! And you're a Very beautiful girl btw:)

@The Stranger I know when we look in a mirror our feelings about ourselves get in the way so we can't view the reflection objectively
    I understand how u feel(in part anyway). My feelings about my appearance come from how others have treated me.I like who I am on the inside tho^^
    Mar 8, 2018
  11. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    When I was a kid I hated it because I have big ears and a weird skull shape, discovered in early 20s that if I cover those up with long curly hair I actually don't look half bad...at least from the neck up, from there down I look like a sack of suet with steroid arms and legs sticking out of it (irony is, when my face was ugly I had a very tone, athletic build.)
    Mar 8, 2018