Comments on Profile Post by HexMozart88

1. Faherya
    Faherya
    Do you really need 350 words? I've read very good synopses with less than fifty.
    Mar 10, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  2. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    It says it's a requirement in the rules, though most I've read on here have only been around 160.
    Mar 10, 2018
  3. taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, I'm pretty sure you can do better than "Unnecessarily vague stuff happened in a world I'm going to say almost nothing about." That's the kind of thing we're trying to avoid. Go read a few game boxes/game box scans; they generally do it well without being full of spoilers.
    Mar 10, 2018
  4. Faherya
    Faherya
    Well, about synopses: do not haggle on hiding information. The general idea needs to be clear in the presentation of the product.
    Mar 10, 2018
  5. Haydeos
    Haydeos
    It's all about that pitch, sell me the general idea of your game in a detailed way. I think that's what the synopsis is all about, anyways.
    Mar 10, 2018
  6. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Hmm. All right. I'm currently trying to detail the environments and give some lore to each island.
    Mar 10, 2018
  7. taarna23
    taarna23
    Try the "elevator pitch" approach. You have 2 sentences and 30 seconds to convince someone they want your game.
    Mar 10, 2018
  8. lokirafael
    lokirafael
    Hyperbole. Alot of hyperbole. Not even half of AAA games in steam has 350 words. Bioshock Infinite has 110 Words for exemple. Synopse was not made to explain the game, but to catch the public atention.
    Mar 10, 2018
  9. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    @taarna23 Never heard of that. I'm going to try something similar to that.
    @lokirafael I don't know if hyperbole really fits into a dark and creepy game, though.
    Mar 10, 2018
  10. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I think character descriptions and whatnot are also accounted for in the word count. The main thing is just having enough information for people to know the basic premise behind the game. =)
    Mar 10, 2018
  11. Faherya
    Faherya
    What is your story about?
    Mar 10, 2018
  12. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Basically, the inhabitants of the protagonist's castle have begun to die off randomly, being converted into horrifying, moving dolls. Everyone blames the main character because they believe that they've been cursed since he became king.
    Mar 10, 2018
    starlight dream and Harrumi like this.
  13. Faherya
    Faherya
    There's your synopsis. If you really need to hit some character limit just extend it a bit. :)
    Mar 10, 2018
  14. Harrumi
    Harrumi
    Your basic explanation works, I'd just describe the settings a little more in detail to give the extra boost of words.
    Mar 10, 2018
    Vincent Chu likes this.
  15. Vincent Chu
    Vincent Chu
    Can you not get away with about 315?
    Mar 10, 2018
  16. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Well, I'm going to do the character descriptions and see how much is left for the setting. Though I have explained a little bit about each island. I had a more detailed description in my original, but I didn't want the post to be one big wall of text. XD
    Mar 10, 2018
    Guiguimu likes this.
  17. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    The description you posted is right on target. ^^b
    And I want your game now! Lol
    Mar 10, 2018
    Vincent Chu and HexMozart88 like this.