RPG Maker Forums

The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
A fool thinks he is wise, a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
starlight dream
starlight dream
Both quotes are nice. Still... when I tried applying TheMightyPalm's line to Llareian's line... I got incredibly confused. -.-
Poryg
Poryg
@starlight dream It is incredibly simple. A fool will never believe he's a fool even if everyone around him tells him. A wise man knows he is a fool and never denies it, either verbally or non-verbally. Knowing that we can deduce several things:
Poryg
Poryg
1. Everybody is a fool, therefore @Llareian's quote is invalid, since you can't make sure you're not a fool when you know you are
2. There's a quote saying "You can never win an argument against a fool." Therefore all arguments should end in a draw. I guess I'm such a big fool that I defy this quote though :D
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Poryg Thanks!^^... No wait, did you call me a fool?!?! :kaomad2:
Poryg
Poryg
I did not call names :p Isn't it amazing though that nobody asks how a wise man can be a fool if only fools don't believe they're fools? :D
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
The good ol Dunning-Kruger effect.
Llareian
Llareian
@Matseb2611 I had just watched the TED-ed video about the Dunning-Kruger effect when I wrote this status. ^_^
Llareian
Llareian
@Poryg I'd conclude instead that one should never argue with a fool, since the negative condition would always be true.
Poryg
Poryg
Actually, arguing with a fool is sometimes really satisfying. There's nothing like that feeling when you say something so clever that makes that fool shut up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne