Comments on Profile Post by Parallax Panda

1. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    What!?! :( That's terrible, sorry to hear it.
    Mar 15, 2018
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    What didn't you like about the contract?
    Mar 15, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  3. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @starlight dream Yeah, it’s too bad. I was looking forward to finally be making some money again. But the contract had some dubious parts so I backed out.
    Mar 15, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  4. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @The Stranger Hard to explain everything in detail here but one thing was that the company would lock you (and your spouse who was also required to sign) into a 5 year debt contract, should you accidentally damage, break or dirty any goods or equipment. Written very ambigiously and potentiellt dangerous.
    Mar 15, 2018
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Parallax Panda That sounds crazy. Why was your other half forced to sign? Well, at least you actually read contracts, many people don't.
    Mar 15, 2018
  6. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @The Stranger Well things works a little different in Japan. You can inherit debt in this country from your parents too! In this case, if something happened and they couldn't squeeze money out of me then they would try to squeeze it out of her. Shady contracts isn't too uncommon here actually, look up the term "Black Companies".
    Mar 15, 2018
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Parallax Panda Well, I'm somewhat glad I don't live and work in Japan. I'm firmly against inheriting debts and "sins" from our family members. Those black companies sound terrible - office sweatshops. I hope you find honest and fair work.
    Mar 15, 2018
  8. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @The Stranger Thank you, so do I. While it's admirable, it's the Japanese peoples overblown loyalty and willingness to work hard and endure difficult situations that makes black companies and shady contracts possible. It would never fly in my home country, Sweden. But Japanese people don't like to complain so this is how things turn out.
    Mar 15, 2018
  9. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I can't stand this kind of stuff. Too many employers abuse this system and hide the small print in their massive contracts that lets them have scary power over employees, because the employees are usually too desperate to just get a job, and if they don't take it, there are many others lining up to take their place. It's disgraceful.
    Mar 15, 2018
  10. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Matseb2611 True. There is a lot of good work out there too but as someone once told me, "People don't quit good jobs, and don't take bad ones". While not absolutely true there is something to it. And that's why quite a lot of jobs you'll find when unemployed seems shady. It's because other don't want to do them and/or they quit right away, leaving the position open again.
    Mar 15, 2018
    starlight dream and Matseb2611 like this.
  11. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Parallax Panda I like your last comment here about the vacant job positions. Something to chew on.
    It's always eye-opening to learn how things work in other countries. I wouldn't want one of my relatives to take on my debts. It's risky business, and it'd be stressful having that possibility looming over one's head. Good luck! I hope you'll find something you're much more comfortable doing!
    Mar 16, 2018
    Parallax Panda and The Stranger like this.
  12. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @starlight dream Thank you. Well regarding inheriting family debt, I think you can disown your family legally and thus not inherit any debt, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll not put myself in that position and would flat out refuse to pay and flee the country if necessary. ;)
    Mar 16, 2018
  13. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Hmmm disowning family fixes so many problems in life :p
    If you need to be smuggled out of the country, let us know Hehe
    Mar 17, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.