RPG Maker Forums

XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
I had to give up on that one, I honestly think it's the worst Final Fantasy gameplay wise. As well as being the least interesting storywise.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
I also did not like it, comparing to the older ones. But every game, even if bad, counts as research so... Not a complete waste of time in my opinion.
Now, good luck!
Andreyla
Andreyla
@XIIIthHarbinger I've started and stopped about 4 times now. It's pretty tedious but I can't help but be curious why it deserved 2 sequels
Andreyla
Andreyla
@Guiguimu that's what I figure, the more games I play the better
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
@Andreyla Deserved is questionable. Most major game companies these days bank on name recognition of franchises over quality. See Mass Effect Andromeda.
Andreyla
Andreyla
That is true, only need to look as far as FFX-2 for that
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
@Guiguimu I tend to use RPG Maker games for that kind of research. Picking up the shovelware from various sites, is very instructive in how not to make an RPG Maker game.
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
@XIIIthHarbinger I agree with you, to make RM games we should search RM games. But after playing a bad game, might as well have something positive to justify the time. I think.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Terrible game. Hours upon hours of running down a corridor and fighting battle after battle.
Fernyfer775
Fernyfer775
I too was not a big fan of the combat system in that installment. When it came to bosses it was the same button boring strategy over and over and OVER....Debuff, debuff, debuff, debuff, buff, buff, buff, buff, buff, okay, now some damage...start over once debuffs/buffs fell off. #YAWN
bgillisp
bgillisp
@XIIIthHarbinger : Do you buy some of the bad ones on steam just to see how bad they really are? I've done that with a few. It's like watching a train wreck, you know you should look away, but you want to see just how bad this really gets.
Kes
Kes
And I still haven't played even one of them.
I feel such a minority here.
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
@bgillisp No, I don't usually waste money on Steam on them. Normally I just look through ******* pages & other web pages where people post up free demos of their RPGs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corvid