Comments on Profile Post by Extazee

1. Vincent Chu
    Vincent Chu
    How about making some maps?
    Mar 22, 2018
  2. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Pick a spot and just begin. You'll start your flow and you can always backtrack. The game will morph into something completely different by the time you're done anyway.
    Mar 22, 2018
  3. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    I think I started mine with the dungeon. I made a fairly rough dungeon to start with, and used it as a hub to get some running around done, and then started working on the town maps, close by. Actually I made a huge world map, but made it mostly water, and then I made an island, then made a dungeon.. made town, then made the dungeon a little more detailed.
    Mar 22, 2018
    starlight dream and Vincent Chu like this.
  4. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    Instead of big box rooms, I tried tobreak corners up, or add different kinds of obstacles I didn't think were typical in a game. I also read others advice about not going so over the top and blowing all your ideas in the first dungeon or first boss fight. (I haven't even made database entries for bosses and most enemies I haven't even modified stats). Anyhow I hope some of this helps.
    Mar 22, 2018
    starlight dream and Vincent Chu like this.
  5. Kes
    Kes
    There are several threads over in 'General Discussion' about this, giving a variety of opinions. Perhaps reading through a couple of them would help you decide what to do.
    Mar 22, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.