Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Hawksmoor

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    What happened?
    Mar 22, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  2. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    A friend of the same guy who got banned recently for copying luzi's artwork from his game did my menu. This was before his ban and I didnt think about it till I read the thread about what happened so I approached Luzi himself and asked him to give my menu a look over for anything that looked traced from his menu and sadly there were elements in there.
    Mar 22, 2018
  3. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Plus it seems he also has copied Tales of Vesperia's artwork in there too meaning Im gonna have to get alot of it re'done. That's another $200 down the drain!
    Mar 22, 2018
  4. Plueschkatze
    Plueschkatze
    ... I'm soooo sorry to hear that Alexander! D:
    Ugh. So frustrating... If I'd have more experience with UI/Menus in RPGM I'd offer my help... XD
    Mar 22, 2018
  5. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    That's so messed up! Ugh. I really can't understand the nerve of some people. Or their complete lack of empathy. Shoot me a PM if you can't find anybody to replace it. I'm not the most savvy, but I've done one or two and might be able to help. Don't worry about a payment. This just gets under my skin. -_-
    Mar 22, 2018
  6. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Horrible things going on! It's a learning experience for me reading this. I wouldn't imagine that commissions had such risks attached. Dayum.
    Mar 23, 2018
    Gabrelik likes this.
  7. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Unfortunately, it happens now and again around here. The mods are great about catching things like that, but sometimes, thieves can slip through. (Recalling Hanzo...) Best we can do is help each other by keeping and eye on things, and doing our homework.
    Mar 23, 2018
  8. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Gabrelik Thanks for the info. I'm fairly new to this site and to commercial game-making.
    It's definitely useful to know these things, and to be wary.
    Mar 23, 2018
    Gabrelik likes this.
  9. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream and Nightblade50 like this.
  10. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    He was charging about $80 for a license to use his "custom" tilesets, which were absolutely beautiful, and a lot of people fell victim. First red flag was how quickly he would produce new material. Didn't take long before he was outed, but the damage was already done. Second time being caught here, too.
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream and Nightblade50 like this.
  11. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Gabrelik He used the palm trees as pillars! o_O It sucks that so many talented artists can't live off their craft and on top of that their hard work is stolen and resold. :LZYangry:
    Mar 23, 2018
    Nightblade50 likes this.