Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  4. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    I mean, around $450...yikes.
    Mar 23, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  5. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    The artist was banned some time ago, but I had my art done by him and his friend before he was found out for plagiarism. The two of them were notorious it seems for art tracing from other games, even franchised games like Final Fantasy and so forth and sadly, they were found out after they had done numerous art work for me including busts, sprites and my menu.
    Mar 23, 2018
  6. Vanessa
    Vanessa
    have you open a thread about the traced images?
    Mar 23, 2018
  7. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    No, I've dealt with the issue directly by contacting the artist who was traced from so that issue is dealt with. The artist who did the tracing is already banned so there is no point opening any such threads because they are no longer on the forums. All I will say is accept no art commissions from anyone called ElieTapping/ElieWeed or a friend of his called Zen.
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  8. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    @Alexander Hawksmoor ...
    Well, he's banned, so maybe he won't scam anybody else. Did he "make" ALL your busts?
    Mar 23, 2018
  9. Vanessa
    Vanessa
    oh man i know the guy, he was applied for my game as game artist before but been busy with his friend's game back then.
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream and Nightblade50 like this.
  10. Nightblade50
    Mar 23, 2018
  11. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Yes, the busts aren't at risk because they we made based on characters from the MV generator, however, I was advised to seek another artist to have the busts re-done in another style hence why I am still using them as place holders and a reference for when I find another artist. The sprite style could have been copied so the sprites need re doing too.
    Mar 23, 2018
  12. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Wow so much money, it hurts just reading about it. :( At least they were discovered before you finished your game & they didn't make all your characters. I hope you'll get some good karma out of this & that your game gets more success.
    Did they do the busts for the father & mother that are in your game thread?
    Mar 23, 2018
    Nightblade50 likes this.
  13. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Sadly yes, all the busts except the re-work of Alex was done by Erie, even the sprites. But even though they aren't really at risk of been traced, the fact of the matter is I won't be using Erie or his friend anymore meaning that I need a new artist to do them in their own art style just to be safe.
    Mar 23, 2018
  14. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    If its any conselation at least people see that Im a reputable game designer and will not put up with any type of traced art work in my game even if it means taking a loss to myself. On a plus note Luzi has said that if he is free in June he'll do my character artwork for me so that's a big plus.
    Mar 23, 2018
  15. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    They didn't really "do" or "create" the busts, they stole them.
    Mar 23, 2018
  16. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Ughhhh, that sucks to hear. :(

I can't guarantee I'd have time to help with all of your sprites, but if you wanna send me a PM sometime I could help rework your existing sprite style/template (no charge).
    Mar 23, 2018
  17. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I wouldn't keep those busts either, especially if they are for main characters.
    All the attention goes on them, you want them to be originally crafted.
    And I agree this shows you're a fair-minded developer.
    If I were you, I wouldn't want to credit Erie in my game after that anyway, so off with the busts' head!
    Mar 23, 2018
    Nightblade50 likes this.
  18. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I'd also love to help you out with something. Perhaps some of your sprites or artwork.
    Team "We-Hate-Pricks" sticks together! ^^b
    Mar 23, 2018
    Gabrelik and Nightblade50 like this.
  19. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Well like I said the busts are based on MV generator characters, the father is based on one of actor's from vx ace so their overall look I'll be sticking to, but the art style will definitely be changing.
    Mar 23, 2018
  20. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    @Alexander Hawksmoor I would help you, but I'm not a very good artist :LZSlol: I can edit and recolor RTP or other resources, but other than that...*sigh*
    Mar 23, 2018
    Gabrelik and starlight dream like this.
  21. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    If you are still needing the portraits done, I know @Plueschkatze just opened up again for that. Her work is amazing, so I'm sure she would be able to get you back on track?
    Mar 27, 2018
  22. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Thanks for the heads up @Gabrelik. Im keeping spending short atm with my job been none existent in June. If I manage to secure the job Im currently after I'll be able to start putting some cash back into the project. In terms of artists Im quite set on hiring Luzi if he's around for commission in June, job depending as his art style fits the style Im after.
    Mar 28, 2018
    Gabrelik likes this.
  23. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    If however plue opens up her sprites again I'll be deffo on it like a dog on a fire hydrant...wait that's an awful analogy!
    Mar 28, 2018
    starlight dream and Gabrelik like this.