Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    that though, I at least know where I have to aim to make my game resources more difficult to steal.
    Mar 23, 2018
  2. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    I'm not following. Who's saying that and do you mean that because you learned to extract game files from html5 games (because you wanted something from an adult game?) it's not useless because you learned something? :) Trying to figure out what you're aiming at.
    Mar 23, 2018
  3. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    All I got from this is that Poryg is sneaky :D
    Mar 23, 2018
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    No real point in the story. I just made a joke about finding use for adult games, even though they are just as useful study material as any other game. And no, I'm not sneaky @starlight dream, I'm just playing with html and related files and trying to figure out a safer solution for spreading html5 games than the current one.
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    So far the safest one I have found is Unity with C# code transpiled to JS... But games made in Unity are 40% more cpu demanding than their lighter counterparts due to constant decryption, blobs, garbage collection and texture load.
    Mar 23, 2018
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Don't you think this is somewhat pointless? You're most likely retreading old ground, doing what has already been done, and trying to make safe that which has already been broken. You will never prevent someone from cracking your game wide open and stealing the goodies within.
    Mar 23, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's not pointless as long as I learn new things. I have learned quite a bit of new analyzing these html codes :D
    Mar 23, 2018
    Jonforum and The Stranger like this.
  8. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That's a good way to look at it. :) You might even end up getting a job in programming or something.
    Mar 23, 2018
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    Also, if safety had been unimportant, banks wouldn't invest such huge sums of money in it. The answer is, nothing is as safe as bulletproof and no matter how safe you make your program, you can never prevent a hacker from breaking through it. But the thing is, higher levels of security require skill to break in.
    Mar 23, 2018
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I never claimed that security was unimportant. I said that you're most likely retreading old ground, and trying to make safe that which has already been breached. I could be wrong, you may have discovered some new way to stave off determined hackers from stealing assets from encrypted RPG Maker games.
    Mar 23, 2018
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    I never said you did. But we now have MV 1.6.0. MV 1.6.0, thanks to nw.js 0.25.4, has an option to compile game code into bin files. It's a new thing that hasn't been realistically possible for older MV versions and it's a poorly documented thing as well. I am now exploring it, and so far know it's a huge tradeoff - you gain potentially more security, but lose cross platformness.
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Personally, I'd rather have more security and better performance on PC than cross platformness. :)
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream and Poryg like this.
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    While the compilation by itself means very little, because it only takes care of javascripts, it now opens doors to other possibilities. Possibility to convert image files to txt strings, possibility to encrypt files (these two failed exactly on the fact that the first chain link needs to be accessible), transpilation from other languages and I'm sure many more.
    Mar 23, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. Poryg
    Poryg
    Me too :D And since I only aim to cover the pc audience, since it is by huge margin the highest, I'm not worried about cross platformingness at all :)
    Mar 23, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    The only thing I'm worried about is how to run the compiled files... Because they are not only not cross platform, but also not cross version compatible... And for some reason the MV's nw.js doesn't want to accept my compiled files :(
    Mar 23, 2018
  16. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    I guess they are useful for studying how to draw various aspects of anatomy. ;)
    Mar 23, 2018
  17. Poryg
    Poryg
    Hmm, not really :D Adult game characters tend to be overexpanded in some areas, so they are not really good examples for that.
    Mar 23, 2018
  18. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @OmnislashXX @Poryg Depends on what you want to learn to draw. Most of those adult games I'll assume are drawn in typical anime/manga style? If that's the style you want to draw in then there's things you can learn by imitating what you see in those games. But I'd recommend referencing real human anatomy too now and then. And you can easily find tasteful photos of human models online for that. Both male and female :)
    Mar 23, 2018
  19. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    @Parallax Panda It wouldn't matter how much I would study, I can't draw worth anything. One if the main reasons why I don't own VNMaker by now.
    Mar 24, 2018
  20. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @OmnislashXX Aww, don't say that. Drawing is a skill like any other. It takes time and effort, you don't get to be good at it right away. I've drawn for as long as I can remember, many thousand hours of practice (and play). And I don't think I'm "good" at it yet, which is a frustrating, but I know I can be if I practice more. Because drawing is just knowledge + hand-eye coordination + imagination/creative sense.
    Mar 24, 2018
  21. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @OmnislashXX Also, funny thing. One of the reason I don't own VNmaker yet is because I'm not satisfied with the level that I'm drawing at, at this moment. :D I feel like the bar for making something worthwhile in VNmaker is much higher than in RM. :)
    Mar 24, 2018
  22. Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't have talent for drawing. I have good ability to visualize, but that's about it :D I'm more of a technical guy.
    Mar 24, 2018
  23. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Poryg I'm not claiming that everyone is an artist. Some people just lack the creativity that's necessary to reach the HIGHER grounds in that field. But I believe that anyone who practices enough can be decent at any skill... unless there is a physical or mental handicap that makes it impossible. Draw enough and you WILL become good at it. Maybe never exceptional, but "good".
    Mar 24, 2018
  24. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Poryg But that being said. Without a strong interest there is really no reason to go down that path. I believe it's not "talent" but peoples interests and personality traits that dictates success in any particular endeavor. If you're interested in art and very creative, that's a winning combination. If you're conscientious, and interested in science, that might be another good combo.
    Mar 24, 2018
  25. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm investing myself in programming languages, because my visualisation abilities allow me to see what happens when code executes as I'm typing it or reading it. I'm also somehow very fast to catch grammar stuff, allowing me to learn new spoken languages with such ease. But there I'm just very lazy :D
    Mar 24, 2018
  26. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Poryg I'm theoretically interested in programming but in practical reality my interest isn't enough :D I rather doodle or do something else. But to each their own as they say :)
    Mar 24, 2018
  27. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Poryg I think "laziness" is sometimes only a lack of interest (in my case anyway ;))

@Parallax Panda I also believe anyone can become good at drawing. It doesn't take as long as some may imagine to get the hang of it. It's not necessary to reach extraordinary levels of ability in order to make drawings that can be used in a game for example.
    Mar 24, 2018
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  28. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @starlight dream Funny thing is that the bar you have to pass before you consider YOURSELF good seems to run away as you are closing in on it though! But yeah, with at least 5 fingers and a working eye I bet just about anyone can learn to draw good enough that the end product could be used for something. Reaching that plateau might take more or less time depending on who you are though. But getting there is possible.
    Mar 25, 2018